Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Home Tour 2015


Hello Everyone!

I am so honored , excited ( and a bit nervous) to share with you our home for this Christmas season!
Honored & excited that I was invited to share our home with 17 other fantastic bloggers by our host,
Jennifer from EVOLUTION OF STYLE  (Thank you very much!) to join this big event!
I'm so very excited hence the hoopla of all the pictures I'll be sharing!



I'm also joining...

HERE

Nervous, because, all these bloggers have showcased their decor, in and around the holiday  in the past, and I just have to hold my jaw up from dropping because they have always managed to show gorgeous and inspirational homes!

If you are new to my blog, just a bit of intro about moi - I am a mom, wife & kiddie doc who loves everything design and absolutely go crazy with the Holidays, most especially Christmas.
We were blessed with a wonderful surprise last year and had a beautiful baby girl ( 9 years after my last one & at the ripe ol' age of 4 -- ! Yikes!)!


Now,  she is a very active 14 month old, and I had to devise a way around all the breakables and 'sensitive' Christmas decor to make sure my little one can still go about her usual playing and roaming around the house sans all the Christmas Crazee decor mom has put up. ;-)

And as you will see in my home tour, there is no such thing as "too much Christmas" in my book!;-)

Let's start with the LIVING ROOM...

\

Did you notice no side tables or lamps anymore?
We're all about plaids and chalkboard this year.
I used these two  types of ribbon all throughout my decor  both, of which I got from Sam's Club. I used just 1 roll of each but heck, they were 80 yards people!!! That's a lot of ribbon but at $6.28 a piece, they were the best bang for my buck this season!



I hung my stockings on the stair case this year for a change.
The Christmas Tree Chalk art is a FREE Printable from "I should be mopping the Floor" HERE
While the other two framed chalk board FREE  Printables were from The Pinning Mama via Classy Clutter HERE! Thank you so very much!

I made a lot of these bows below for all around the house.



This is also the first time we have a Live Christmas Tree in our home!
I love it so much that I decided to go very simple with it using just bows from the Dollar Store, good ol' fashion tinsel and some lights! They smell so good too! I'm sure this won't be the last !

Our Little Tree that could

One of our tired mirror got a new lease on life as a tray for our huge storage ottoman.
I placed silver plastic garland on the basket so I won't be picking up too much balls from the floor (the little white ones were placed there by our 'little decorator';-0). 
Remotes are inside the malachite box.




I added inexpensive red throws and these bird pillow covers from IKEA and created a Christmas vignette on the table using our old Santa Tree Topper and some faux ponsettias.

I love the feel of these pillows!
As for our Christmas tree this year, I used our original green tree that we've had since 2006.
I had to do my tree "TOP HEAVY" with ornaments & switched my lights to safer, cooler LED ones since my little one won't know any better yet. ;-)

You can see our Kitchen area peaking here too!

No red Sled but I think the red cart will do for now. :-)
I wrapped our presents using our old Stendig Calendar pages and I love them - I think very environment-friendly too!


I made the gift tags thru PICMONKEY and printed them wallet size for a more personal touch.


I used a red wool garland all around and added the same ribbons I used in the staircase on out tree.
The ornaments are a mix of all our sentimental ones and some kid-friendly felt and peppermint sticks and bells. My son helped make a lot of the foam ornaments clipped unto our tree!


We also have a lot of these beautiful star lanterns on our windows. 
Star Lanterns are a staple Christmas decor in the Philippines were we originally came from.
And for me and my family, Christmas won't be Christmas without them. :-)

My little daughter's little kitchen gift and small play area is peaking in this photo too!


Ok, now let's head off to the DINING ROOM...


 I had scored all my plaid items from Dillard's last New Years Sale and absolutely love it!
The mirrored trees give a sparkle to the table as well especially once the candles are lit.


I used our personalized gift tags as Name tags too for the table !

The Tablecloth is Vera Bradley from TJ Maxx.

I hung a pair of laser-cut felt table runners and hung my"Merry Christmas" sign to make a festive wall display.


The lighted LED branches and balls make a very sparkly display at night!



Now let's head off to the KITCHEN!

My take on "Santa's Kitchen"

Hot Cocoa Station is a staple in our home during the winter

Mistletoe and garland make our mirror more Christmas-worthy

LOVE this tree fabric from IKEA that I added jingle bells on and LED lights!

Pinceones smell so good on the table

I actually shared a lot about the kitchen in my post the other day HERE.

I hope your not tired because now we're headed off to the NURSERY...


We actually moved the crib by the window this season because of the less amount of light we're all getting nowadays.


I am in love with my DIY "HoHoHo" Garland ! I got the inspiration from PB Kids HERE.

The Day Bed and rocker just got a little dose of Christmas with the pillows.

I added this small tree for the Nursery too...





I placed my daughter Sophia's monthly photo during her first year and placed them inside inexpensive clear balls.


I also have a short tour of our MASTER BEDROOM HERE...


... and our LIBRARY  HERE...


I kept the outside simple, but placed a lot of lights...





And just like Jenny, I zhushed up out tired ol' wreath with a sign and added ribbon.


Hew! I hope I did not tire you guys out!

I really, really love decorating for the holidays, most especially Christmas, and I think, based on this house tour you can really tell!
I will be sharing more details about the Living room, Dining Room and Nursery in the coming weeks ahead, so do come back and check it out since I could not put and share all the pictures and details here (Information overdose, not good!)!



Now, let's head on over to Tamara at...

LINK HERE

Tomorrow, we can savor the Holiday Home of  Pam...


LINK HERE


Also, if you missed yesterday's tour, do not forget to check it out today too!
Evolution of Style
Dixie Delights

LINK UP PARTY STARTS ON THE 16TH!!!!

12/1  Evolution of Style Dixie Delights 
Have a Marvelous Holiday Season Everyone!



VEL 

Life on Lakeshore Drive

93 comments:

  1. Wow Vel!! You did a great job decorating your whole house for Christmas!! I love everything and l love your style of interior decorating. Enjoy the season.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Julie! I hope to see your home too this Holiday season!

      Delete
  2. Vel, your home is STUNNING! I love the plaid and chalkboard theme you have going - beautiful colors too (I can't resist plaid). I have some of the star lanterns (from IKEA not the Philippines), but have yet to hang them. Yours look fantastic! Thanks for participating in this year's tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! I think I thanked you more than 10x already but I don't care, because your invite alone has given me some sort of 'official' validation that what I do is beautiful too! With your home and Amanda's I knew every home on this tour would be stunning, so I'm just glad not to disappoint too! The lanterns are from Target actually because the ones from the Philippines don't go with my colors this year, but definitely any star lantern, reminds me of home so it will always be a staple in our windows every Christmas!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful Vel! Love all the little details and how adorable is your little one!! She is precious. Everything looks so festive. You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Becky!!! I had to add my daughter's picture because I think she is the central inspiration for me in all this!

      Delete
  4. Wow Vel, your home is stunning. I love how you decorate every inch and the stars in the windows and the pretty ribbons on the stairs are gorgeous. I loved seeing your little one in such a pretty red dress, so precious. Beautiful tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Marty!!!! I know how busy you are preparing for your own home tour and I truly appreciate you checking up on me! I can't wait to see your home for this Holiday season!!!!!! Definitely something I look forward to!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful home you have, Vel!! I love all your plaid decor and what a brilliant idea to add bulbs to the ikea fabric! Your home is stunning! Beautifully done!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tamara!!!! I really love that fabric tree from IKEA and I wanted it to sparkle without taking away it's beauty on it's own! Safety pins were my friend in placing the lights. :-) Love your home tour too!!!!

      Delete
  6. Love the clever gift wrap idea and the plaid pillows! You have way more energy than I do Vel! You must have not slept for days!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! I slept, I had to, LOL! I decorate early, so it was no big deal really and I enjoy decorating for the holidays immensely! Got it from my dad, good genes I guess! ;-) Can't wait to see your fabulous home !!!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Vel WOWWWWWWW!! I love how you do the holidays all through the year, but Christmas is like your decorating Super Bowl! You are amazing! Your great room architecture is so beautiful already with that wall of windows, but you have made it spectacular! The ribbons, pops of red, plaid, all so well done! Sophia's little tree - the cutest!! Everything is just a delight, how fun it must be for your kiddos to live there and feel the joy of the season every time they walk through the door!! Enjoy and thank you for sharing your gorgeous holiday home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, your comment made my day! It actually made me laugh with glee, thank you so much my friend! Compliments coming from people I admire is always, always an amazing feeling. Thank you for giving me that! I have to remember the Superbowl reference for next year when I write my Christmas post! LOL! Can't wait to see you home soon!

      Delete
  8. Oh, Vel! Your home looks spectacular! Look at that darling little Sophia, she has grown so much and is such such a pretty little thing. I love all of your touches and vignettes. Your home is beautiful.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila!!!!!! Coming from a "Vignette Master", that is a huge compliment for me! Can't wait to see your holiday home tour! Hope all is well with your little one, praying for her...

      Delete
  9. Vel, your home is stunning!! If I have to pick a favorite space that would be the living room, or perhaps Sophie's room, oh, the kitchen too! Well, it's gorgeous all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cristina!!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your home this holiday, no doubt it will be fabulous!!!

      Delete
  10. It looks beautiful, Vel as usual. You have such a great sense of style and you do Christmas so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim!!! You know how I am with Christmas (and other holidays for that matter)! ;-)

      Delete
  11. Vel, oh my gosh - no one does it up like you for the holidays! I am in love with your living room (where did you get the lumbar plaid pillows on your couch?) and Sophia's precious nursery is another favorite spot. So happy to have you joining in on the tour this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kris!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing your home, you do natural things to well! Wish I could do that! The pillows are from Dillards, their actually for the bed, but I thought it best to use in the living room. I'm glad and honored to join such a distinguished group!

      Delete
  12. WOW! You did an amazing job, Vel, creating quite the wonderland of Christmas fun! I'm sure Sophia is mesmerized by all the color and sparkles. I adore your little village in the upper kitchen cabinets....so pretty! I really enjoyed your tour.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Carol! Sophia was mesmerized... for about 5 secs! LOL! I'm lucky she's not picking on the tree and gifts that much anymore, just the garland on the coffeetable! LOL!

      Delete
  13. Your home is everything one dreams of when thinking of Christmas. You have managed to capture warmth and chic-ness in every room. I will use your home as my inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is everything one dreams of when thinking of Christmas. You have managed to capture warmth and chic-ness in every room. I will use your home as my inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Diana!!! I truly want to achieve all that, thank you for the validation!looking forward to see your own home tour!

      Delete
  15. vel, your home is so cozy and inviting- love the gray and red together in your living room! and how sweet is your daughter's room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cassie! Coming from you that means a lot! Can't wait to see you home soon!

      Delete
  16. What a festive and fun family home!!! Thanks so much for the tour. I love the photography book of Sophia's first year. I forget how you have to be so careful with the decor around the little ones...but what a blessing!!! Merry Christmas, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Mary Ann! Coming from you that is a huge compliment for me! My kids are my inspiration for anything I do for the home, so their safety is always at the back of my mind. Tricky at times, but so worth it! Can't wait to get more inspired with your own home tour soon!

      Delete
  17. Oh my goodness, Vel!!! I knew every inch of your beautiful home would be decked out in style!! It's beyond festive, I couldn't even choose a favorite, I do love your clever wrapping paper! You are a master at holiday decor, wish I could see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Pam!!! You know very well you are one of my decorating guru, if you could see me right now, I am gushing with joy!

      Delete
  18. P.S. Thank you for the sweet shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's just happy everywhere and every nook you have. I so love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear!!!! I can't wait to see your holiday home for this season!!!!

      Delete
  20. Your home looks beautiful and magical all decked out for Christmas, Vel. I'd love to see it in person at night with all the lights on. Sophia's Christmas picture is enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurel! Sophia's picture was the last of a bunch of pictures we took earlier and she was pooped by then, you could see it in her eyes, I wanted to do more pictures but she would have no more of it! LOL! Glad we got that one shot with her on that dress. :-)

      Delete
  21. Vel! Your home is amazing! So beautiful! And you really decked it out for the Holidays! I love all the special touches you added throughout! I loved your living room and trees...and the nursery was precious. You are ready! I'm curious about the tags from picmonkey....will explore that. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! Just your mere visit to my blog is a real treat for me Albertina, and your complement just made my heart jump with glee!!! 😍thank you so very much! Yes, pic monkey is so fun to play with that I know I'll be making more personalized tags for me and my family the easy way for years to come!

      Delete
  22. Vel, your home looks amazing! The ribbon you used throughout is so perfect with the chalkboard art. I love the trees, lights, and all the pillows. It's just beautiful. How on earth did you achieve all of this with a little one running around? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Stacey!!!!!!!! Truly appreciate your visit, can't wait to see you home for this holiday season too!

      Delete
  23. Your holiday home looks beautiful Vel, and so festive.Love it all! Thanks so much for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristi! Festive is the perfect word! Can't wait to see your home decked out and hope you can join me on the 16th for the link party!

      Delete
  24. I love your philosophy about "no such thing as too much Christmas!" I knew you would blow us away with all your gorgeous decor! I am loving all the red with the plaid and chalkboard. I am using a lot of the same in my home this year as well! Beautiful tour!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see your home Shelley!! Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  25. Thank you so much Shelley!! The kids especially Sophia inspire me all the time more so for this holiday theme! Can't wait to see your home and gorgeous new kitchen all decked out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everything is gorgeous, Vel! I love all the festive lights and ribbon. The nursery looks so cute all decked out for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Lisa!!!!!!! I love the nursery too, it's becoming a favorite hang out for the whole family!

      Delete
  27. Oh, Vel--your home looks so beautiful! I know you put a tremendous amount of effort into getting it looking so festive. When do you find time to sleep?! I love all the details, including the cocoa bar :), and the festive red and plaid. And don't get me started on the cuteness of Sophia's tree! So happy you opened your doors to share your home. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon!!!!! I do put a lot of effort on it, takes me a couple of days since the little one needs a lot of attention still, but I enjoy doing it, I got the Christmas-crazee-decorator-gene from my dad, I enjoy watching him do our decors as a kid, so now, I get to do mine! Love seeing your home decked for the holidays- very stylish and effortless design! I wish I could do that someday, as well as adding a lot of natural greenery too!

      Delete
  28. Simply Gorgeous! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vel, your home is so pretty dressed for the holidays. I can't believe how big your baby is already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Kim! Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  30. You've done a beautiful job of decorating for Christmas! Love the pretty star lanterns and the tie into your traditions from the Phillipines. The plaid dining pieces you got from Dillards are perfect! Sophia's room is so cute- love the ho-ho-ho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz! The Ho-Ho-Ho is one of my favorite DIY's this year!

      Delete
  31. It's stunning from top to bottom I think my favorite is your piano! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda! Coming from you that means so much to me!

      Delete
  32. Vel your home is gorgeous for the holidays!! The stars, plaids, and bird pillows really caught my eye, and your trees are beautifully festive as well!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Books for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Vel....what a fabulous job! I don't know how you do it with a 14 month old....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaahhh! Your visit alone is a great honor for me Sherry! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  34. Your home looks so beautiful and festive! I love all the delightful touches too especially the plaid and the chalkboard elements. I had to do a double take on the tree fabric, lol. I like how you add bells and lights to jazz it up, very clever! I also like your idea of using calendar pages as wrapping papers, it looks so chic and so eco-friendly. Amazing Christmas tour, you inspired me Vel! I wish I can tour your home in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your always so sweet Jessie! Wish we were neighbors too so we could see each others home more often too!!!!! Thank you very much dear, I'm still searching for those grapes!

      Delete
  35. Oh how fun! The Christmas decorations are incredible! I love all of the color and sparkle. The windows/doors in your great room are amazing and I love your kitchen. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your house is gorgeous! I love how you have a colour theme for each room. Your daughter is adorable, coordinated with your living-room ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magali! My daughter's picture is actually part of our living room decor this year! LOL! ;-)

      Delete
  37. Your home is gorgeous Vel! Love it, love it!! <3 Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thank you Heidi! Your one of the best bloggers out there with tons of great ideas, I'm so glad to discover you and your blog and so glad you could stop by and check out my home for this Holiday season, thank you so much!

      Delete
  38. Vel! I have no words - absolutely, without a doubt GORGEOUS holiday home! Your staircase and tree are especially my favorites and that shot at night of all of your beautiful windows!! LOVE, LOVE! So wonderful to be a part of this holiday tour with you ;) ~Rachael [www.thisisourbliss.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way Rachael, your home is super stylish and chic, so honored to do this tour with you! Thank you very much for your super sweet comment!

      Delete
  39. I Love your home! Your amount of Christmas decorations is just perfect! Loved it decked out EVERYWHERE! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angelina! I can say the same for your gorgeous home!

      Delete
  40. I checked out your spectacular tour earlier this week, but was too busy to leave a comment. Outstanding Vel! Love, love, all the touches you so thoughtfully put throughout your home. It's all so warm and welcoming AND definitely WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Stacey! Compliments from you are truly very meaningful to me since you are just one of the best out there! Have a great holiday season dear!

      Delete
  41. Wow...everything looks so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your home looks absolutely wonderful! All of the beautiful sunlight makes the tree and décor even more spectacular! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a gorgeous holiday home you've created! I don't know why you would be nervous one bit! Such great ideas (love your mirror doubling as a tray on your ottoman ... and what a fun idea adding the runners to your wall art)! Such an inviting holiday home! Glad to have found you through Marty at A Stroll Thru Life. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks Vel for sharing your beautiful home decorating for Christmas with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your tour is full of so many ideas. I don't know how you do it all. Each room is perfect!

    I love how you infused the holiday spirit in every bedroom, especially your daughter's. I'm going to have to remember that next year when I'm a first-time mom.

    I look forward to following along with your future projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you Sarah! I say the same to you! Bravo! Thank you for checking out my home!

      Delete
  46. I love the paper stars in your windows so much! They look amazing all lit up at night. And your daughter's room is so amazing. I think my mouth dropped open a bit. I love that wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emy! That wallpaper has always been a fave,I'm glad to use it in her space!

      Delete
  47. Your home and Christmas decor are beautiful! I've got some major kitchen envy now, and I love love love the nursery! It's a perfect combination of whimsical and fun for a child (the color! the giraffes!) while still being tasteful for the parents (that wallpaper)! Thanks for sharing all this fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  48. El your home is gorgeous my friend! There is just so much to love. You truly out did your self! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dearest Vel, I am coming by way of Kris's Saturday Spotlight! SO LOVELY to meet you and learn about you! What a successful accomplishment for both you and your husband to become physicians and raise such a beautiful family. How you do what you do AND decorate is amazing. I am only a teacher and I find it hard to keep up with my passions of writing!

    Your home looks stunningly perfect for the holidays, and I wish you God's blessings in the new year! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such a lovely home and I love all the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  51. OMG Vel! Your house looks stunning for the holidays pretty girl! Inside and out it's a vision of total beauty and yes, there's never enough C'mas when it comes to decorating with such great taste and sensitivity, specially love of your beautiful home.
    Merry Christmas and many blessings to you all.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Vel, I'm stopping over from your feature at Kris'. It is great to discover your blog! Your Christmas house tour is a just stunning, and you've managed to add just the right amount of holiday cheer to each room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well, I am so late seeing this but sure am glad I didn't miss it! Everything is bEAUTIFUL. Your home is amazing!!!! Your little girl is so adorable too. Hope you had the best Christmas and wishing you a very happy new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!