Hello again Friends!!!!
I am so glad to be back - back to blogging, back in the country! Yes, we spent our holidays abroad, in London and Paris in fact, our very first time there, and I cannot wait to tell you all about it!
Anyway, to start the new year, after we arrived at Dec. 31 midnight, I had to rush and prepare for a party at our house to start off the year with a bang!
I have tried to continue the traditions we have done ever since I could remember, here in the states. As the new year comes, we always make sure we do the following:
1) Making sure the entire house is CLEAN ( so that the entire house will be clean the whole year)
2) Having coins on all the window sills and doorway ( for luck and money for the coming year)
3) Having all the lights in the house open ( To drive evil away and making sure the year is Bright)
4) Having LOTS of ROUND FRUITS on the table ( for luck and money)
5) Having all the condiment holders full to the brim ( so that the rest of the year will be filled with abundance)
6) Having LOTS OF FOOD - preferably ROUND food on the table (abundance for the year)
7) Jumping on midnight for the kids (So you can grow taller)
8) Jiggling coins in your pockets at midnight ( for more money for the coming year)
9) Lots of noise ( drive away evil spirits/vibes)
10) Wearing Polka dot clothing ( for luck and money)
Hew! Lots of cultural stuff huh?! But these are all harmless and though I know these are just 'traditional things', it's still a lot of fun! So as you see our celebration for this year, you'll understand why.
|Had Cheese Spread for appetizers before midnight - since we only eat the food on the table after midnight|
|It's my first time doing this kind of spread and I don't think I did bad since it was a huge HIT!|
|My homage to Paris!|
|A must for a long night|
|Our table for the Midnight feast|
|Lots of fruits of course|
|My friends brought lots of food since they knew I just got back from a trip! ;-)|
We had games from Charades to Head Bandz before the stroke of midnight, then feasted afterwards.
I hope you guys had a great New Years as well and even better and more blessed 2017!
|I ordered Personalized Cokes for us and our guests as a souvenir for the night!|
Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...