It was a very memorable and tiring trip ( we had all 3 kids with us). We visited only London and Paris in our short 8 day vacation. Five days in London and only 2 days in Paris (the rest was on a plane).
And before I share any details of our trip, I would like to share with you probably one of the BEST part of our trip, our Family Pictorial in Paris...
I booked a photographer - I heart Paris Photographer, 2 months in advance to make sure they would be available on the 2 short days we were there. I highly-recommend Fede and his wife Anastasia since we absolutely had to do our photos on on one of the foggiest and coldest day in Paris at that time! We were so lucky to have found Fede since he was so patient with us and the kids and we definitely felt so at ease with him.
I can definitely say, these photos (which are only some of many), is one of the BEST SOUVENIR I could ever get or hope for for such a memorable trip! Choosing which ones to display is now the only hard part! ;-)
Some tips I would recommend if you plan to do something similar on your next trip:
1) Find the right photographer - browsing thru IG and FB is super easy, you get to see their portfolios and the type of photos they do and there are a lot of really good ones out there.
2) Book way in advance if possible - once you get your tickets, you have to book your photographer next. Most of them require a deposit so that takes your mind off of things in terms of making sure your session is a go.
3) Plan your family's outfit on the day of - ours didn't work out so well since it was so cold, we ended up wearing our jackets thru most of it all.
4) Have some idea as to what type of photos you want - again social media pics are a great example for your photographer, although with Fede, he mainly dictated what was good or not.
5) Plan to do it in the morning if possible - especially if you want it done in a famous iconic tourist spot, to avoid less crowd of course and that way you also can still look your best and do more sight-seeing in the afternoon. But I understand if sunset is your thing, timing is crucial so be there early.
6) Make sure you are full. Yes, so true for pictorial with kids, you want them to be happy and content when you do this. In our case, it was the cold that we didn't expect so there were some photos that had Aidan looking grouchy. ;-)
7) Most important of all, HAVE FUN! Your photographer will edit for you anyway so just relax and let the moment take you!
And since it's Valentine's day tomorrow...
Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...
As featured in...
Linking back to: Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with JJ, Amaze Me Monday, Tuesdays at our Home, A Stroll Thru Life, Inspire Me Monday