Thursday, September 25, 2014

Basement Guest room DONE

Ok, big day is tomorrow!

But before I go I just want to share with you the DONE basement Guest room which my mother is currently enjoying! We finished it the last minute, finding and fixing all the things I needed to fix except for 1 detail....


Anyway, let's start shall we?

Ta-Da!
 As luck would have it, I was lucky to find the similar Tahari Curtain Patterned curtain at my local TJ Maxx on CLEARANCE! I just couldn't believe it, it was meant to be. The color is different though, the new one is colored grey, but I thought it would work since the bedding and bed is grey and I think it does.
Finally got to cover the ugly storm door too
I wanted to get a screen initially as suggested by Jessie over at Mix & Chic, however, I couldn't find something tall enough that would cover that door that was affordable too! So curtains it it :-)
Finally got a wardrobe too

  After a LONG search I also finally found the perfect size and look of a wardrobe online 1 week before my mother's arrival. You wouldn't believe it, but I found this at BIG LOTS
Sauder Storage Amroire from Big Lots for $179!
 The dark espresso color was just what I was looking for. It has great storage inside and like I said, the size is perfect for this small alcove here. My hubs assembled it and it was not easy, I guess that was the only downside to this thing, but even he couldn't go against agreeing with me on this perfect choice.


also spruced up the desk area

I also fixed this area up already, adding decorative trays and containers for all my mom's things and putting personal photos of our family and her grandkids so she won't be too homesick while she's with us.

Everything looks better on trays. :-)
I also found the perfect Side table on the left side of the bed too!

Pure White Nolita Tall 2-Drawer Nightstand for $123

I really love the way it looks and the price I think is pretty reasonable. I plan to change the knobs someday to give it more personality. But I love it's clean lines and the height is perfect.



Now, the one detail I haven't been able to tackle yet and it is the side table on the right side.

Very narrow space

As you can see I had to put the shelf on it's side  since putting it on it's usual position as before would make opening the closet door impossible.



I ordered a small tall table for this but it didn't work out and had to return it. I need a very narrow tall table here and I think I may have found one that needs tweaking... that is, if I have time after the baby comes, so this will do for now, my mom says it doesn't bother her at all.



That's all for now folks! 
Wish me luck and say a prayer for the baby & me tomorrow!


Also, if you wanna see the BEFORE & AFTER, here is the LINK!


Love you all!


Have  A Wonderful Weekend, I know We Will!!!!

VEL 


 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

27 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to see pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as usual Vel! Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and baby. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your guest bedroom looks beautiful, it's very cozy and inviting! Love the bedding and lamp shades especially. Thanks for the shoutout, Vel. :) Wishing you a smooth and safe delivery tomorrow. I can't wait for the baby's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know the song "Closing Time" is actually about pregnancy and birth ... "time for you to go out to where you will be from" ... anyway, tomorrow your Little finds out where she will be from and I know she'll be smiling when she discovers her wonderful family and lovely mom. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom must love this gorgeous space! I know she is thrilled to be there to help out and welcome Sophia. Best of luck you tomorrow, Vel...your little girl is lucky to have you as her mama!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guest room looks lovely, Vel! Your mom will love it! Sending up prayers for a perfect delivery!! I simply can't wait for the first pics of your sweet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic, Vel...I'm sure your mom will enjoy her comfy quarters. Thinking of you today!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed this post yesterday so it now means that today is the big day! Guess I had better start stalking you on IG to see pics of that beautiful new baby. So excited for you (and loving the beautiful space that you've created for your mom)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, how exciting. Good luck to both of you and I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The guestroom looks great, Vel!! How sweet that your Mom is coming over to help :) Will be praying for you and your baby! Can't wait to see the pictures of your little darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job! Such a nice, warm space!
    Best of luck, and can't wait until we're all introduced to your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The room looks gorgeous, Vel! She is going to feel right at home. Praying for both of you. Can't wait to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vel!!! I can't believe it's tomorrow. I wish you so much luck, i know you'll do great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks great! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited for you, Vel! Baby Sophia is here and I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! I'm gearing up to do a makeover for our own basement bedroom - yours looks fabulous!
    Shelia @ House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice place to relax in after a day looking after the grand-children! I'm thinking of you and can't wait to see the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it.

    GB my dear Kababayan. All the BEST and God always hold your hands when precious Lil Daughter arrives.

    Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The room looks great, the new curtains fit like a charm! You'll find a very small table that fits better in there, but the one you have isn't that bad. I saw your baby girl over fb and she's just gorgeous and big! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My friend I have been thinking of you for this entire weekend and hoping all is well! I love how your guest room came out and hope your mom is enjoying it in between taking care of you, the boys and your baby girl!! Can't wait to hear more about your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought of you on Friday and prayed too. I cannot wait to see baby Sophia!, whish I could visit and pick her up! I love babies!
    Congrats and many, many blessings for baby and her family.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  22. The room looks wonderful and I bet your Mom loves it! Too bad about that tight spot for the night stand. Do you really need one on that side?
    I hope all went well on the birth of your new child- wishing both the best!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Vel! Congratulations, and it is so great that your mom has a wonderful space of her own to stay in your home and help take care of all of you, and bond with that precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thinking of you and hoping you and the little one are doing spectacularly! Wishing you SLEEP! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lovely room. Your Mom will be very comfortable during her visit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did a fab job Vel! Loving all the patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vel, it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at The Round-Up from Before & After Wed. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/10/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday.html Have a great evening! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!