Thursday, April 2, 2015

ORC Week 1 - Guest room to Nursery


Hello everyone!
I'm so excited to join in on one of the most prestigious Link Party around - the
ONE ROOM CHALLENGE or otherwise known as the ORC!

I love linking up to a lot of fabulous parties, but the ORC is different since it requires everyone to try and finish a room in the next 6 weeks, with other featured Designers and bloggers who year after year, come up with the most Amazing and drool-worthy results! 

Truly a feast for the eyes, and inspiration can be found all throughout the challenge!

I believe that our THIS OLD HOUSE Magazine feature of our Reading nook (found HERE), was partly because of this party and I am grateful to Linda for coming up with this great idea!  
In other words, a lot of exposure can be had for anyone and everyone!

Anyway, enough intro, let me me share the room we'll be working on...

GUEST ROOM BEFORE

GUEST ROOM NOW

YUP, BROWN 'goodness' all around in this space ;-)

Our current guest room upstairs will be converted into a NURSERY for our baby girl!

For this little darling of ours (minus the Hair Hat)! ;-)
You see, although I had plans for our nursery early on in my pregnancy, we decided to have our baby stay in our room for the first couple of months, I wrote about it all HERE.

Here's what our current set-up looks like...

I made the necessary changes to accommodate my little baby in our Master bedroom -
DETAILS of this room can be found HERE

It actually looks pretty to me.
 But after a long day's work, and an ever-steady-growth of baby stuff (not to mention her BETTER SLEEP ;-)), it's time to move baby into her own room  - sniff, sniff - so my hubby and I can reclaim our 'sanctuary'.

So are you ready for a 6-week-roller-coaster-ride? I think I am!
I'm so excited to see what the others are doing! In case your interested, here was what I did the last time I joined the ORC...

TWEEN BOY BEDROOM UPDATE
LET'S DO THIS!

LINK UP HERE



VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's the cutest picture ever of your sweet little thing!!! Looking forward to watching things unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to follow along and see your progress as baby Sophia's nursery comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know it will be fabulous. Can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have planned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to see your progress over the next few weeks! The boy bedroom you did last time was fantastic and I'm sure this nursery is going to turn out just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you come up with...and that hat is hysterical! ;) Happy Easter Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! So exciting that we are both doing nurseries! I cannot wait to follow along!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice, big room you've got to work with! Cannot wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vel, I can only imagine how much fun you'll have putting together a nursery, it's sure to be fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the sweetest project ever to work on, Vel! I can't wait to see what you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy this project so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see what you do! Sophia is one luck (and adorable) little girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very exciting, Vel!! I cannot wait to see the new nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo Can't wait to see how you transform that room! I know Sophia is going to end up with the most beautiful nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable picture of Sophia! This will be a very special room to decorate and it already has great bones (love those gorgeous windows!). Can't wait to see more next week!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited to see what you do Vel. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exciting! Love the hair hat...adorable!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vel I know you are going to do a fabulous makeover! Cannot wait to see!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Ellipsis: Dual Vision

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughter will love her new room. She is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, that cute little thing needs her own girly space!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love nurseries! Always fun to build a space for a little one... it's amazing how much stuff they have though. Excited to see the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing, Sophia - so beautiful and growing up so fast! Can't wait to see you work your magic - know it will be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This will be so interesting to follow your progress. I know you'll make wonders for your princess!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!