Wednesday, April 8, 2015

ORC Week 2- Evolution of Safari Glam Nursery Plans

Ok, now that you've seen the BEFORE HERE, I want to share with you what my plan is and how it has evolved over the last couple of months in my head.

Thank goodness for POLYVORE, I am able to show you a rough sketch of my ideas for the nursery.

Modern Disney Princess Nursery
FACT: I am a HUGE DISNEY FAN - So huge, that my first idea for a nursery was centered around the Disney princesses!!!! Eventually, I realized I didn't want to be too "theme-y" so I changed my mind to this...
Pink Floral Nursery

I thought this might be easier for baby to grow up with! But, I didn't like the plain wall behind the crib and some of the other elements like the nixon tables (my child's fingers might go through those holes and get cuts from it) or the blue rug. So next I came up with this...

Floral Nursery
Ah, this one was almost perfect! But alas, that wall mural is way too expensive, and I'm not even sure my daughter will like it?!The suitcase idea too would be too hazardous for a little one (stair climbing or toppling over scenarios). And then I realized I had too much stuff probably in the space, so I came up with this...

Minimalist Glam Nursery

Loved it for a while, then I thought, no way am I putting the crib by the window, and I then thought, this has too little stuff in it (yup, I'm fickle-minded)!

So in the end I came up with a mix of a little bit of everything here!

Let me ORIENT YOU FIRST ON THE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF THE ROOM so you'll understand the plan better...

HERE IS THE ROOM AGAIN ALL EMPTIED OUT
And here are my plans....
 I kept the Juju Hat idea and flower idea (with a twist) on the CRIB WALL. Still love the 2 lights flanking the crib.
CHANGING TABLE WALL OR LEFT WALL
I will keep the Campaign dresser that was in this guest room and plan to make that the changing table instead. Her dresser is just too tall now and I'm always having visions of her falling off from it!


The last 2 walls of the room are up in the air still, these are tentative designs so I don't really know yet how it will look in these last 2 angles...
DRESSER WALL OR RIGHT WALL
WINDOW WALL
I want a day bed by the window for me, since I don't know how well she'll sleep in her room at the beginning and also for the nanny.

So the main things that need to be done asap :

1) Clear up the room of course
2) Change the carpet - we haven't changed it since we moved
3) Paint the room white and the trim in a contrasting color
4) Change the ceiling fan
5) Add hard-wired wall sconces
6) Put up the wall paper on the crib wall
7) Update the window treatments - if my budget allows 
8) Paint her closet
9) DECORATE, DECORATE

I will share  some progress on the room next week!
Now let's see what the others are up to HERE!


Have a Fabulous Weekend!


If you want to check out what happened last week, check it out here:

VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

30 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love your final plan and I totally LOVE that wallpaper. I want to use some in my house somewhere. It is amazing. Can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of brainstorming, Vel...but better to brainstorm on paper than do it and change your mind after. I am sure your design will be fabulous. You have awesome taste. Wouldn't it be cool to change it up once a year? Haha...if only!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your final design Vel, so many beautiful pieces. I also like the colorful flower mural in your third design. Great plans, I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be following along every step of the way! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is going to the most fabulous nursery. Lucky Sophia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plan you have for the nursery Vel. That wallpaper is fabulous and will be a perfect touch for a little girl's nursery. Can't wait to see how it all comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vel, I love all your different directions you considered for Sophia's nursery! You had fun with this huh!?! It all brings a huge smile to my face. Just one more of the joys of having a baby girl! SO excited to see this all come together, it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky little girl your Princess is Vel! This space is going to be very pretty and should grow with her nicely. I love the idea of using your Campaign desk as a changing table. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, I like all of your plans but I know that whatever you come up with will be beautiful! Can't wait to see what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great ideas that I know it was hard to choose one…your Sophia is going to be one lucky little girl. Dying to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your plans and that you are using wallpaper - that floral one is so pretty. Can I convince you to use it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of your design boards but really love the one you went with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear ganda,
    WoW! Daming dreams ko? Wishing I have a big house to settle my lill grandaughter.

    Hope you all have a wonderful day over the U.S.

    Hugs,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the interesting pattern for Sophia to contemplate as she lays in her crib or in your arms. (I remember loving to study wallpaper patterns as a child.) Your colors are soft, pretty, and varied without being overwhelming, and the jungle animals are so cute. I love the direction you're heading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little princess of yours is going to have a beautiful room. Cannot wait see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's always been one of my favorite wallpapers, Vel!! Swing arms are another fav, this is going to be so fun to follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vel I think you have come up with a dreamy and imaginative nursery for your babe!!
    Cannot wait to see it all put together!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Nathaniel Galko

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wallpaper on your mood board! Can't wait to follow your progress in the next weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of the different plans, but the wallpaper in the final one is gorgeous! I'm so excited to see how this comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sweet girl is going to love her new room! I think the two lights flanking the crib is such a wonderful idea! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you kept thinking about how your child could injure itself in each scenario. Such a mom thing to do. I love what you ended up with. Good luck as you continue!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great ideas and can't wait to follow along each week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoyed following your mind in all your different versions of the nursery. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vel, I've had a crush on that wallpaper for so long. This will be adorable for Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What fabulous choices! I love all your boards, but your pick is my fave!! Have a terrific weekend, Vel dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to see which route you take Vel! It is going to be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vel, Loving the final plan. I die over that wallpaper and am also plotting as to where I can use a juju in my home...cannot wait to see this come together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vel - beautiful decisions. Love the patterned wall? How exciting!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your ideas! Your rooms always turn out so great! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all your plans, Vel. The evolution to the final reveal is spectacular! Can't wait to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!