Thursday, September 15, 2016

Contemporary Fall Home Tour


Welcome!!!!!!

To all my blogger friends and readers, Yes I am back, and hopefully will not be M-I-A again for awhile. No excuses at all, just plain old life happening, and of course a lot of things going on around the house which I hope to share here again after this Fall Home tour.


Actually, I wasn't sure I would be finished decorating for Fall in time for the tour, since aside from being busy like crazy both at work and at home, I have never actually decorated for Fall! This is a first for me.

Why the first time? Well, I usually go and jump on right ahead to my Halloween decorating, which most of you are familiar with and know about me by now.

Just like this one from Last year
If your coming from the fabulous cozy tour by Brooke from Nesting with Grace, your in for a bit of change here, So, without further adieu, I share with you my FALL HOME TOUR

Welcome to our home!

I love this eclectic rectangular wreath I got from AT HOME!

As you can see, I got my mums just today from my son's school fundraising and they
are obviously not in bloom yet!
Now, let's go on inside in our LIVING ROOM...
Contemporary Fall Decor

The Peridot pillow covers were made by my MIL for me. I scored them from Serena & Lily on clearance last summer!
The "Practically Perfect" pillow is from Disneyworld which comes out every Fall/Halloween

I thought of displaying my growing Acrylic grapes collection en masse along with my "Savage Beauty" Coffee table book
It's hard with a toddler lurking about, I have to minimize my coffee table vignette to a big and less cluttered one ;-)

I temporarily switched out my Gina Julian Abstract collection for my black mirrors

I love displaying my Homegoods lamps on top of the piano along with some of my brass collection.
The 2 Chinese figures are clearance scores from Hobby Lobby

The inspiration for my Fall Decor came from this Hobby Lobby Abstract art I recently scored

I mixed patterns on the chair and I think with the colors, it still somehow works!
Also moved my Federal mirror from the breakfast area to this window.



Now let's head off to the Dining Room...

I added these two Aviary Canvas prints that I normally display in the basement in the Dining Room for Fall




I got the sunflower inspiration from Kris @ Driven by Decor 

Kept my setting simple and used these Brass Chargers I recently got from a nearby Antique Store.
I did not decorate the bedrooms but I did add some touches in the Kitchen...




Come to think of it, I haven't shown my kitchen in a while...

I took this picture on one of it's good days ;-)

There you have it folks! I really want to thank Marty @A Stroll Thru Life for including me in this fabulous line up of homes! I am truly very honored.

I hope you join me sometime as I share details about my home at later posts! Also, DO NOT FORGET to check out all the inspiration-filled home tours below! Enjoy!


Have a Great Weekend!


2016 Fall Home Tour

Monday - Sept 12
Remodelando La Casa - Christina 
Cuckoo4Design - Julia 
21 Rosemary Lane -Barbara 
Decor To Adore - Laura

Tuesday - Sept 13
Haneens Haven -Haneen 
Lynzy & Co. - Lindsay 
Thrifty and Chic - Alicia 
Hymns & Verses - Doreen 

Wednesday - Sept 14
Bliss @ Home - Kristin
Simple Details - Pam 
Duke Manor Farms - Laura 
A Thoughtful Place - Courtney 

Thursday - Sept 15
Setting For Four - Heather 
Dimples & Tangles - Jennifer 
Nesting With Grace - Brooke 
 Refresh Restyle -Debbie

Fri - Sept 16
Simple Stylings - Summer  
Our Southern Home - Christy 




VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to these fabulous parties...

Coastal CharmOur Home Away From HomeSavvy Southern StyleAmaze Me Monday

21 comments:

  1. Oh Vel, I love it all. Your home is so pretty and I love the touches of fall. Your dining room is one of my favorite rooms in your house, that is next to your gorgeous kitchen. Beautiful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val your home is stunning, no matter the season. You have a classic contemporary style and a great eye. Your house is so elegant, yet warm and charming at the same time. Fabulous. Ps...love the new birds! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vel, I love subtle and elegant way that you brought Fall into your beautiful home!Your living room is my favorite this time, I love that pic of the stairs with the black mirror collection all the way up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely home, and you are quite the fall decorator, even if this is new territory for you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vel, your house is gorgeous and I LOVE your fall decor. You really have a beautiful way of decorating.
    Have a wonderful fall weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is lovely and your fall decoration is very intersting because you used traditional elements and still managed to make it unique, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WB! I love those small changes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tour, as always! Your breakfast room light fixture gets me every time, and I love the new abstract art in the living room--great colors! You'll need to share another photo when the mums are in bloom--it's going to be so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Vel!! I took a short blog break, too. Well your home is looking very fall and festive. Love, love your table setting! So warm and beautifully layered.
    xoxo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vel, you have a beautiful home and you sound just like me. I always decorate for Halloween before Thanksgiving so this tour was definitely a big change for me. I was dying to bust out some skulls and spiders..haha! So fun getting to know you and your home through this tour. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love all the fall touches and, once again, am having serious kitchen envy!!! Pinning away! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty fall home you have! Love the pops of yellow and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vel your house looks so pretty with all your subtle fall touches. Your brass and marble HG lamps were such a great find, and I am still in total love with your malachite-esque art in your breakfast room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tour, Vel!! I love all of those mums on your porch, and agree with my friend Lisa, the HG lamps are so fabulous!! It's beautiful at every turn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tour Vel! Your home is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How do you find time to do everything?!? I am having trouble just getting through my friend's blogs! Your home looks beautiful all dressed up for Fall! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Vel, you've wowed me again! Your home and your decorating touch is just marvelous!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home looks lovely, Vel. I really like the square wreaths, and those sunflowers are beautiful!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, Vel, as always. Love how you used the pops of yellow and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful! I am jealous of your acrylic grape collection, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to offer a go-ahead for such an educational post....its truly astonishing..
    www.netspend.com
    netspend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!