Friday, September 23, 2016

Fall Dining Room Details


Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my recent FALL HOME TOUR. I think Fall is starting to be another decorating season for me from now on. So today, I wanted to share with you some details about my Fall Dining room decor. And also I'd like to share some changes that will be happening in this room soon...




Like I mentioned before, the 2 gigantic Avian Canvases were 'stolen' from my basement. They were scores from KIRKLAND years ago, and always loved them but thought they didn't really go well with my design in the living room at all. But with Fall, these bird beauties are just right!


I used my old Target Table runner and just added my capiz candle holders for my table centerpiece. I used the Salad Plates on my Jonathan Adler set as base for my pillar candles. Easy switcheroo that works every time to match my table.


I used these floral coasters for the very first time. They are gifts to me from my 98 year old dear friend and I will treasure them always. I again used mini picture frames as place cards, a favorite trick I use for my table.




I added these wood THE SAK beaded pillows I've had for years to add texture to my otherwise seemingly cold acrylic ghost chairs.



And although I know that "FAUX IS A NO-NO", I still think my sunflowers from the Dollar store looks really pretty especially when I added real leaf and flower clippings from outside! ;-)


My bench is truly a mess right now in terms of stains, so I added this table runner to cover it up!


Like in the living room, displaying my growing Brass Candlestick collection in the Dining room is always a good idea.



Now for some news regarding this room. I'm finally getting this room zhushed up. Starting with changing the Dining table!

I will share with you more plans and choices that I need to decide on for this room, and yes, although I think it is pretty still, I think, it can be even more beautiful  & functional once I change things up a bit. Wish me good luck!

Have a Great Weekend!



P.S. I will be super busy tomorrow for my daughter's 2nd birthday party!!!!! I can't wait to share the details with you!


VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to...

Cooking and Crafting with JJTuesdays at our home

11 comments:

  1. I love your fall dining room! The colors are perfect. I didn't know The Sak made pillows. I have one of their handbags. And as for faux being "no", that's not the case with me anymore. Because my dogs are absolutely terrified of flying insects, and every time I bring in a plant or even repot and bring it in, little gnats always seem to follow, I'm going with faux now myself.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vel! Beautiful as always - I adore those wood beaded pillows. As farl as faux, real is lovely, but not always practical. There are faux that are stunnng! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vel! Oh, your dining room is gorgeous! I love those two bird paintings and they really make a statement. Your tablesetting looks wonderful! I've got to go back and check out your home tour - I know I'm gonna love it! It's hard to believe little Sophie is already two!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Beautiful! Elegant! I'm running out of adjectives to describe your lovely dining room. The layers are perfectly executed. Magazine ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DR bench may be a mess, but your decor is always clean and tasteful, Vel. Great look for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Vel. Love the dining room and the chairs with the added pillows look amazing! Can't believe your daughter is 2 - hope it's a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suc h beautiful décor for Fall pretty Vel ! I was missing your gorgeous home.
    Love the dining room with the ghost chairs too. The tablescape is lovely and everything in it.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant fall table setting! Well done, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty fall tables cape in your dining room Vel!
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the bird canvases give the room a totally new look. Beautiful tablescape, Vel! Looking forward to see the changes coming to this room. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!