Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter/Spring Wreath

Ok, I know I said Easter is my "least favorite" holiday, 
but I can't help but make something when I see all these super cute things in the stores...

Ok not so cute now... 
Now, you have to agree, they are nice

And these, just TOO CUTE to pass up!


SO with all of these, I decided to make wreaths for our doors!

The wreaths are $3.99 each (50% off now, so I only paid #3.99 for 2 - Ka-Ching!) from Hobby Lobby. The carrots ($4.95 for 3 - yes, more expensive than the wreath) and the moss-covered bunnies ($2.95 each) are from Pier 1 Imports.  I also bought these...

$1 at the dollar store

59 cent flowers from "Steven's" - is used 2 for each

After I decided the placement of my ornaments, I did this...



The carrots come with it's own jute rope tie, so I just tied it to the wreath, then, used floral wire to attach the bunny stick on the wreath. I did not break the long stem of the bunny, I just bent it and hid it behind the wreath.

Then I added Mod Podge and Spray Adhesive to attach my moss...

Must-haves for any crafter

I cut the flowers and glued them on using glue gun. The finished product is this...

Not bad for my first wreath 
Bunny tries to hang-on

Door is now all set for spring

Doorway for spring - almost done!


Well, there you have it, my simple and super easy craft project. Total cost is about $11 for each!

Have a nice Spring day!




DISCLAIMER: I saw a wreath very similar to this one on etsy. However, when I tried to find it again to give credit to the original idea, I did not see the wreath anymore. The wreath there cost around $35 each + shipping. 

5 comments:

  1. your wreaths are adorable, particularly because of those sweet little moss covered bunnies. well done, you.

    xo
    molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a bunch for appreciating molly! I'm very new to this crafting thing so I'm glad my wreath turned out ok. ;-)

      Delete
  2. These wreaths are so cute! Love the carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That's too cute. I'm pinning it!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!