Thursday, November 3, 2011

Guest Room

We are fortunate enough to have 2 extra bedrooms in our house. The second floor bedroom so far has received the most attention from me mainly because the basement guest room needs more work.

This is what it looked like over the summer....

Entry
I did not change the wall color, this was original to the house.


Inviting sitting area

Another view of Sitting area
The curtains were sewn by my mother-in-law from an old pair of duvet cover that I had to match the bedding.


Media Cabinet
This was our old media cabinet back in our living room in Chicago. We bought it from Target. We still love it.


Sleeping area
This was our old Master bedroom set. This is from IKEA and has tremendous sentimental value to us since this was the very first furniture Gerson ever bought here in the U.S. in 2005!

The lighting look like Pottery Barn but they are actually from LAKESIDE COLLECTION, about 1/4 of the price of lamps from Pottery barn!

The Wall hangings used to be in our dining room in Morton Grove. Frames were from "Michael's" and the picture are actually embroidered Chinese pictures that I found at a thrift store and fell in love with!

The curtains are from the now closed. "Linens n' things" from the Nate Berkus line. My mom bought those for me in Chicago on Clearance.

And after all my chitchat and blabbering about this room,  since it's fall season, I have REDECORATED THE ENTIRE ROOM! :-) So if you visit us, the room won't look this way now.

I will post the pics on my next blog post.


Happy Decorating!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog from Emily Clark's blog. I love the chairs you have in here. Can you tell me where they are from? You have a beautiful home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! your home is pretty fabulous too from what I saw! Anyway, the chairs are garage sale finds $5 each. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!