Thursday, May 7, 2015

ORC Week 6 - SOPHIA'S SAFARI GLAM NURSERY REVEAL

We are at the FINISH LINE! 


LINK UP HERE
And I just want to give a big 'THANKS' to our
Host, LINDA from "Calling it Homefor this inspiring challenge and chance to share our triumphs and failures, vision and dreams, in trying to decorate a room that hopefully will be inspiring to someone else!

I'm just so happy to be able to join this time around and I want to 
THANK ALL OF YOU TOO, my family and friends, for joining me on this decorating journey!
You, other than my baby of course, is my source of inspiration for this room! And I truly appreciate your support!

Let's look at a quick Flashback on what the room looked like when we started...
Remember  this BROWN 'Goodness' everywhere?
Let's go into the details of the CRIB WALL first.

Chose the FLENSTED MOBILE. Thank you for all your input!
The Crib is from Walmart - the Baby Mod Modena 2 which we absolutely love and was a gift from friends.

I shared this Crib decal when I added the FINAL TOUCHES in our Master bedroom/nursery details HERE

Surprisingly Sophia hasn't pulled the feathers from the hat yet! ;-)

I really wanted to incorporate ALL the gifts our baby has received thru out my pregnancy and beyond, so this room is mash of everything that I love, my friends love, and hopefully, someday, Sophia will love too!

Now let's go into the LEFT WALL or CHANGING AREA WALL.

For us, it's perfect
I love how the gallery wall turned out and how the Campaign desk I scored from GOODWILL a few months ago, functioned really well as a changing table (it even has a spot for our Elephant Hamper)! 
I think it will be great as a REAL DESK  or VANITY TABLE  when Sophia is older don't you think?

Had to have a glider right?
We absolutely love this Glider! I moved the rope lamp from downstairs to here and I think it is the perfect height and style for this Safari glam space.

I was able to add a lot of her gifts on the 3 cubbies I added to the side .


Now on to the WINDOW WALL
The Day Bed with trundle is both pretty and very useful

Lots of pillow is key to make this spot comfy


And of course the RIGHT WALL or DRESSER WALL

The Dresser got a quick update with Decals and some Washi tape


The Dresser functions as a FEEDING STATION as well. I needed a place to stash my formula and bottles (Bottle warmer too in the winter), so I placed it here. I also displayed our small vintage toy collection.

I think Nursery Rhymes in a Nursery is the No-brainer! LOL! :-)

Shared this Book display with you last week HERE

A rocker, a bouncer, books and of course toys for our little baby


As you enter the room, this is what you see...


Added Sentimental Frames and mementos on picture ledges
And like any room, you only see 'what it needs' once you think YOU ARE DONE. And that is exactly the case here, so for sure, I will be adding, or even subtracting some stuff along the way!


But as you can see,  our little Sophia has been having a blast in her nursery already!

This is FOR YOU SOPHIA
I will share the Nursery Closet in another post, because that one, will need a whole post by itself! 
I'm pretty excited with that one too for sure, so please drop by again in the next couple of weeks to check in on that little project!

Hope I didn't tire you out just yet, because we have a 100+ more rooms to check out HERE!!!!
I'm so excited to be inspired further with other bloggers' spaces since the ORC yesterday was all the way FABULOUS!




Here are my SOURCES in the room if your interested:

CRIB WALL

CHANGING TABLE WALL
GLIDER / BLANKET / FLAMINGO /  PILLOW / ROPE LAMP /WALL CUBES / ANIMAL ALPHABET ART/  RAINBOW TOYS / BOOKS / SNOW GLOBE / CHANGING PAD / CHANGING PAD COVER / WIPES WARMER / BABY TOILETRIES / SMALL BASKET / DIAPER PAIL / ELEPHANT HAMPER / GIRAFFE TOY BANK /
Thrifted: Flamingo Fabric art, Campaign Desk

WINDOW WALL
CURTAINS / PAPER GARLAND & WALL DECAL / DAY BED / BEDDING / DOG PILLOW / DOLL

DRESSER WALL
DRESSER / DRESSER DECAL / GIRAFFE NIGHT LIGHT / HEDGE HOG NIGHT LIGHT / PINK SHAGREEN TRAY / DOTTED STORAGE BIN / ROCKAROO / BOUNCER / NURSERY WALL ART
Thrifted: Vintage Fisher Price Toys, Vintage Books


VEL



38 comments:

  1. Oh, Vel what a beautiful room!!! I love that we both have jungle glam nurseries!!! Such fun! And you have created a space that will grow with Miss Sophia through the years... love that! I adore all of the details and accessories... I'm coveting your giant giraffe. And that wallpaper is to die for! Congratulations on an amazing transformation and a beautiful nursery for a beautiful baby girl!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Vel those last two pictures brought tears to my eyes - what evident JOY this room was for you to design and put together!! I love that you incorporated all the gifts from everyone who loves your baby girl, that is SO special and you did an amazing job incorporating them all into your vision for the space!!!! I love your fun, eclectic, interesting and pretty vibe, Sophia is a lucky little girl to have you as a mom!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vel, how super cute is this?! It's so fun to see you be able to go all-out girly with this space! LOVE the crib wall, the rope lamps, so so many things. Congrats on creating the perfect space for cute little Sophia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's an adorable room and look at her looking so tiny in it! This room will easily transition from her toddler time to youth. Love that cozy rocker you chose and the lamp looks perfect for the safari theme! I bet you are tickled with this and enjoy going in there each time! Congratulations on such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vel, what a beautiful room you've created for sweet Sophia! I love the crib wall with the gorgeous wallpaper, the lighting and art. You thought about everything, layout, design and comfort for this room! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophia looks so cute and happy in her adorable new nursery. You did a wonderful job, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's so adorable! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Vel, you've outdone yourself! Beautiful! Loove the wallpaper, the pink touches, all the sentimental details... Those two pics with your little angel make my hear happy. Just beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vel, Sophia is loving her new room! It is so adorable, I love the art and the flamingos!
    Now you will have to do a room around you new Chinoiserie tole lamp!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Bunnies by Hunt Slonem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet room! I love all of the finishing touches like the decals. That campaign desk changing table is a great idea since it can transition as Sophia gets older. Great work Vel! Everything looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute glamourous and fun nursery. Sophia will enjoy being there....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fresh and chic!! Amazing transformation...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Vel, you have one lucky little princess! You worked so hard on this room for Sophia and I know she will love it as she grows. That juju hat! Fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun, happy and delightful room! I am absolutely in love with the wallpaper, the juju hat, the wall decal and the campaign desk! Well done, Vel.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Sophia is a lucky little girl!! It really turned out beautifully! Happy Mother's Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Vel, this room is a total dream. You have really created such a fabulous space for your precious little Sophia. She is adorable. I know she loves this room and why not, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful room you created for Sophia!! I love all the details, colors and patterns you used! I'm totally swooning over that book display...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Vel, such a beautiful transformation. It is both pretty and glamorous, fit for Princess Sophia. Great job and congrats on finishing the ORC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful nursery! Love that the elephant hamper fits so perfectly under the dresser. And I think those curtains were the right choice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun, cozy and colourful! Great for any little girl:) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love it!!! That window wall is fabulous and I love the changing table that will convert to a desk or vanity when she's older. Such a pretty room for a pretty little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vel, I think the room is gorgeous! It is glam yet colorful and fun for a growing girl. Your window fix is brilliant. I have really enjoyed following the transformation both here and on Instagram. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many sweet touches, Vel. Your little Sophia is one lucky little lady to have this love filled room. The green accent rug is such a fun shot of color and I am madly in love with the wallpaper! Happy Mother's Day to you! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a nursery fit for a princess... And she looks so happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How glamtastic is this space!!!! Love all of your amazing touches and what an excellent way to address the weird window! :) I love the idea of the changing table completely useful later on as a desk. This space is almost as cute as Sophia!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Vel, I knew the second I saw your wallpaper choice this would be absolutely charming! What a beautiful room you've created for your precious Sophia! So many special details throughout that she is sure to love! Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is amazing, Vel! The room is so absolutely beautiful. I love every detail. You have done such a wonderful job and she will be able to enjoy her room for a long time to come. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh the best picture is the best! Pretty pretty princess! I adore the crib decal. The space is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty little room. Awww, and Sophia is just adorable :-). That rope lamp is so unique looking, as well as your word vanity. I would relax there all day. My middle name is Sophia BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I promise this is my second time commenting. I love the wallpaper. Those toys on the dresser remind me of my kids when they were young. Lucky Sophia! Another great job, Vel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the wallpaper!! This room is so darling. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Vel, what a fabulous and sweet nursery! That wallpaper...the crib, the tissue paper pom pom. Just amazing! I can see why Sophia has such a big smile on her cute little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Vel....this is such a inspiring room.....you did a great job! The wallpaper wall is perfect and I want one of those large Giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so cute, Vel. What a nice large room. Sophia certainly seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. i love this space! that inset book niche is maybe my favorite. enjoy!!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the crib wall, that wall paper is fantastic! You did a wonderful job Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I knew this was going to be fabulous! I especially love the glamorous wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!