Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rushed Valentine Dinner


Before February ends, let me share with you the rushed Valentines dinner 
I prepared for my family.

Last Valentines, we really had no plans whatsoever to eat out. 
We didn't DARE TO! 

I didn't have anything special planned for dinner that night, but then a co-worker of mine mentioned she just ordered a Heart-shaped Pizza for her family for that day to celebrate.

I didn't even know that kind of pizza existed! 
And that was my "light-bulb moment", I thought, MAYBE I could pull off a sweet surprise for my boys in 1 hour (because that was all the time I had from coming from work and before picking the kids up from school)!


First stop: Dollar TREE - I grabbed 4 balloons ( & some other stuff)
which I used instead of place cards.

This one was on my chair
The rest of them had their names on it

With a short message.. :-)


I called in my Heart-shaped pizza at Papa Murphys and 
started spinning my salad and making my dressing.

I then baked my brownies and eventually used a heart-shaped cookie-cutter 
(also from the Dollar Tree) to make these...

I was gonna top this off with yummy Ice cream for dessert!

Dipped my strawberries from some left-over chocolate that I had 
and waited for them to cool-off..

They are as yummy as they look!

I then started with my table setting.
Using left-over gift wrap from Aidans Dr. Seuss Party, I cut my place mats to size.
I then added the Valentine Napkin and heart shaped marshmallows (all from Dollar tree) and brought out my milk glass collection.






After I picked up the boys, we went straight to their weekly Piano lessons, then went to Papa Murphys to pick up our pizza! I baked it and here it is...


Bacon, Pepperoni, Green Peppers and mushroom with lotsa cheese = YuMMy!
For Drinks, my husband and I had Pink Moscato and the kids had Freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice with  apple slices.

Of course what dinner would be complete without Candle-light?!


Boys reading their Valentine Card from mommy and daddy

Tired but happy mommy with her happy family!
My kids and husband were all pleasantly surprised 
and I am so glad I did this for them! 

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day too!

Linking back to Serenity Now

2 comments:

  1. That heart shaped pizza is so fun!! We did a V-day dinner too with chocolate covered strawberries! You win mom of the year for this one!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute and fun...love the pizza!! Know your family had the best time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!