Thursday, February 7, 2013

Basement Guest room PLAN

We have another guest room in the house. It's this one...

Purple and green palace - not the palate I'm too excited about ...
When we fixed out basement, we also spruced up this room a bit with new paint and flooring.

A bit of PROGRESS....?



A futon and 2 TV tables is not my idea of "inviting". So we really need to fix this space.


Like any other extra rooms, this place is filled with a mish-mash of things that have no proper space for. Like this desk from IKEA, a bit big and would be going to the garage soon.

All the wall frames were hung on previously placed hooks.



Yup, this room needs a lot of work in the decorating department. So here's my plan:

1) Add a REAL bed, the cushy kind - we do sleep here on  Stormy nights (this room is closest to our Storm room)

2) Add a nice Head board to go with that bed. I'm thinking of using this table cloth that I have. I'm thinking of DIY project on the horizon


source
 3) Cover that hole on the wall. With something like this.

Not as fancy, but I think it's the best way to cover that hole
4) Add a wardrobe for guests to put their clothes in. Maybe not as nice as this, but I'm thinking of hunting for one at my favorite stores. ;-)

source
5) Change those TV tables to real tables

Overall, I think it's not such a tough project. It's the money and time that I have to spend on it is what's gonna make this room happen. So wish me luck!

Have a Great Week!













7 comments:

  1. There is so much potential and you have a great plan.

    Have a very Happy Valentine's week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wishing you lots of luck. I know you can do it. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thank you for stopping by Floridays Mom. I am so happy you did because it brought me to your site. WOW! I looked through your home tour and your aesthetic is amazing! If you put half the love into this guest room that you did your master, we're all in for a great treat! I'm a new follower, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a huge project Vel! Love your ideas and best of luck with the execution!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that table cloth looks soo pretty - can't wait to see what you do with the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a great space to work with! My basement is 100 years old - unfinished - dusty - dingy and disgusting!! No hope for it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!