Friday, June 28, 2013

little and BIG Changes

Lately, there have been a bunch of changes in my  house and my life.

Some have happened already...

BEFORE

AND NOW

BEFORE

AND NOW


... and are relatively minor.

Some that are yet to come...

BEFORE

AND HOPEFULLY IN A FEW MONTHS

But the one big change in my life right now would be a NEW JOB.


You all know that I am a Pediatrician by profession, and this week, will be my last in my old clinic.
 I will be moving to another clinic, closer to home and with that said, you all know the difficulty and excitement that comes with a new job.

I LOVE BEING A PEDIATRICIAN.

I can' see myself doing anything else other than what I do now.
And I will most certainly miss ALL MY PATIENTS. Some of them who could drive up to my new location, will follow, but for those who can't, my heart aches...




Being a Pediatrician, I believe is one of the most unique field in medicine.
We don't just 'see' patients, we become part of their lives... we see them from birth and onwards,
thru each childs ups and downs we cheer and we sympathize along with the parents.


I always say this to all my patients parents and gaurdians,
"I will never do or give anything to your child that I would never do or give to MY OWN"
This has been my mantra and will always be, and I hope with this new chapter in my career, despite my heartaches right now, my passion continues!


Besides my patients, there's another group of people I'll miss - the office staff!!!!
Thru my 3 years in my old clinics, they have been accommodating, patient , hard-working and very welcoming. I will miss the camaraderie and even the mundane routines that come with familiarity. So to  them, a BIG THANK YOU!

Hope you Have a Great Weekend!

Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to...

12 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new job.
    I think your living room looks more relaxed in the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you lived closer so I could bring my girls to you - I just know you are the world's best pediatrician!

    Now, go relax by that amazing pool!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job and I wish you the best on your new move. It is never easy when you make a move.
    I love the draw up of your new kitchen, it is going to be lovely! Can't wait see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with your decorating talents and your career. So hard to juggle both and you do it with amazing ability and grace. I am sure your new clinic will be blessed by having you as an addition, and the children you treat are definitely fortunate to have such a loving and caring physician. Good Luck. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck in your new job, Vel!! Take care. :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best at your new clinic. I can imagine saying goodbye will be hard. Take and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I didn't know you're a pediatrician. I wish you the best in your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vel, best of luck with the transition. I know your patients will miss you. I only know you thru blogging but you are the kindest, most caring and compassionate person as you've supported us and we are so thankful for your blog friendship. I hope your new clinic welcomes you with open arms and that you are a 'fit' right away! Thank you for all you do and for the fantastic sacrifice of being a kid doctor. They'll love you!!! Who wouldn't? Bless you this week and in your new job.
    XoxoNancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you all the best in your new office, Vel! I'm sure those you're leaving will have a hard time finding anyone as caring & professional! Now, I'm off to read that post about your gorgeous back deck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing room you have with all those windows. Good luck on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine you are a fantastic physician and will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!