Sunday, June 30, 2013

Show me your favorite Art - BLOGGER SERIES

I'm so excited to share with you today the second post of the BLOGGER SERIES!
I thought of doing this to get a glimpse of some of the 'personal' stuff of my favorite bloggers, and this time around, I wanted to see what their favorite ART is in their homes!

And to be fair, I always start this series out by sharing mine.
I have two favorites. For different reasons - both personal, but on different levels.

The first one is this painting I got during my last trip to the Philippines, my home country.

Sitting pretty over our mantle



I think you can guess why it's a favorite of mine. Aside from the vibrant colors and unique scene, this painting always reminds me of  HOME and not to forget where I came from. It instills in me the sense of 'belonging' still to my native country though I live thousands of miles away.

The second one is a new favorite.


"Blue Pitcher"

I love this not only because my 2nd grader painted it, but I actually love the way he used and played with colors! I was just so amazed my son could paint something sooo beautiful. I will cherish this as long as I live. :-)


And now, for my favorite bloggers art!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
of POWELL BROWER AT HOME.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Wilma"


"This is a simply gesture drawing done by my brother, artist Michael Powell.
He gave my husband and I this drawing last year for Christmas.  He's one of those 'starving' artists and struggled to find something to give us for Christmas, when I told him something he could make would be perfect.  Christmas morning we opened this up and almost cried. In about 5 minutes, he was able to capture Wilma, our beloved bulldog, perfectly.He even framed it with mirror and wood! This is by far my favorite, sentimental piece of art in our home." - Bethany

If my brother gave me anything like that, I would also pick it as a favorite, what a touching story, and what better way to SEE LOVE than thru his art!

This next two bloggers also evoked the same sentiment I had with my painting - the thought of home...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 This one is from the incredible DIY-er, Cristina of "REMODELANDO LA CASA".


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Bogota"


 "Yes, it's a print, my husband got it framed, and that was long time ago even before I knew him! It is a picture of the "Bolivar Square" which is located in the heart of the historical area of Bogota-Colombia, the country we originally came from, it's special to my husband because he used to play in this place when he was a little boy. I don't have those same kind of memories but I like the print, the frame and the color, brown is one of my favorite colors."- Cristina


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And this one is from my fellow Pinay Blogger and treasure hunter, Charmaine from MY BESTFRIEND CRAIG
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


"It was tough choosing one because I love art but this nude painting is my priced possession. It is by a national Filipino Artist, Solomon Saprid. It used to be in my bathroom at my parents' house and when I moved here in the United States, my parents gave it to me. I love how it reminds me of home and my childhood." - Charmaine

The next one doesn't evoke personal sentiment but ingenuity when an old window and art is united to form one smashing display.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


"Distressed, Formal, Industrial - all working together to warm things UP!" - Kim

Other people love art because of the feelings they evoke or a reminder of something important in someone's life, check out these beautiful art from these ladies...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
One my favorite & sweetest blogger, Marty from A STROLL THRU LIFE


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Old man praying"

" It is a copy of a famous painting “Old Man Praying”. I found this and the antique frame about 40 years ago and it has hung in my breakfast area ever since. It is a constant reminder to give thanks for everything. It is definitely my favorite piece of art. " - Marty


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And of course the ever-gracious blogger & weekly host of  " Make It Pretty Monday",
Kathryn from THE DEDICATED HOUSE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO




"My reason for loving this is the feeling it evokes. Time to stop and take a leisurely stroll through a garden. A slower pace of life. Utter bliss." - Kathryn

Some bloggers choose art they personally made! And this one from 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ging from FORTY WEEKS AND THEN SOME is a perfect example!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Beaches"



"My favorite artwork in my home is this custom bus roll that I made. It is made up of names of our (my husband's and mine) favorite beach destinations -- those that we've already gone to and some that we would love to go to in the future. We are both beach buddies by nature, and it seemed to be the perfect theme for our very own bus roll. " - Ging

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The last blogger contributing to this post is one of my favorite artist/painter/blogger, Kerry of Design Du Monde.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Here are some samples of her beautiful works.

"Bluestocking Babe"

"Remembered Blossoms"

Aren't they amazing?! And she's got so much more at her Etsy store - Kerry Steele Fine art!

Anyhow, I was so curious as to what would be her favorite. Because let's face it, for an amazing and talented artist like her, surrounded by all these beautiful art, choosing a favorite must be hard right? Well, she surprised me with her favorite, because it wasn't one of her works...

"Fontainbleu"



"I have tons of my own art and work painted by my grandmother but I always admired this landscape. The story is just the kind of romantic thing that I love. My great-grandparents lived in Paris in the 1920s and my great-grandfather knew the artist, who was a bit down on his luck. Basically, my great-grandfather won it in a poker game since the artist had nothing else to bet. The scene is the forest of Fontainbleu". - Kerry
Suprised?! Well I was! 
Love all the works shown here, and it goes to show that, "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder" - and to add on to that, "to the HEART of the beholder too"!

Thank you again ladies for sharing all these beautiful pieces to us!!! Thank you too for your amazing support !!!


Have a Great Week!!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my what a great post, I really enjoyed everyone's art. I am thrilled to have been featured, that is such an honor. Thanks you so much. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post Vel, so touching to see my son Michael's picture up first...I miss him! (He moved recently) so great to see what means the most to everyone. Good luck this week sweetie! XoxoNancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! Everyone's art is so different and inspiring. Love it!!! Thank you for thinking of me. Have a pretty day. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vel, Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of these series! I really enjoy looking and reading about what makes each piece a favorite. That's so right, "Beauty lies in the eye (heart) of the beholder" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all the different styles are Art! Thanks for sharing. I love the modern and more abstract, as well as the sketches!! Love those artsy pencil sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very interesting way to have a peek at some bloggers' personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Vel! Thanks for asking me to be part of this series! Love the stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your features are great, such wonderful artwork. Wish I had known as I have artwork I love in my house. Can you please let me know by mail when your party is up each week, I'd love to join. Thank you. Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm now your newest follower...hope you like to do the same.
    Thank you.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vel, you make me blush! Thanks for so kindly including my work. I think you have a budding artist. I love, love, love the pitcher! Its so ethereal looking but a picture of earthenware. Very sophisticated juxtaposition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful works! I love all sorts of art and like different pictures in every room. There really is some great talent out there in blogland!

    I tried to find your email address in your profile. Do you have one somewhere where I haven't looked?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun to see! The landscape reminds me of a large painting that I now have that belonged to my grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again for linking up to Inspire Me. I am so honored to be part of this fabulous group. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Email me at nrm1970@hotmail.com to discuss your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great minds think alike. I looked at both of those mirrors and loved them. However, I can't have anything any taller than 34 to 36 inches at the most because of the light fixture. Thanks tons for thinking of me. I really liked them both. I bought some gold paint today and some more rub & buff, I think I am going to play with the one I have. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I really love your new painting. The colors are breathtaking.

    Have a very happy fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful post! and awesome artists - all inspiring!

    Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT. We'd love it if you link back to BeBetsy. -xo

    Sharon and Denise
    Fashion | Food | Beauty | Out & About | Morning Coffee

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are all beautiful!!! Love your sweet blue pitcher and the Fontainbleu is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the art - but that window backdrop is amazing!!!!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!