Monday, June 10, 2013

Shopping at Kids Stores

Sorry for being M.I.A. this past week. We went on a much needed family Vacation and let's just say I am still DISNEY-fied at this point and will be sharing some beautiful things about our last trip. Anyway, I'm glad to be back and talk about something I am very fond of...



I love all things KIDS.

Aside from my current job as a mom and kiddiedoc, I am still fascinated with the beautiful world of kids - from movies, fashion and yes even home decor stuff, I frequently browse and shop thru Kids stores.

For one thing, aside from the cuteness factor, some items are relatively cheaper than from their 'grown-up' counterpart stores!

Here are my current crushes from my favorite Kids stores.

Lighting
Up & Atom Chandelier from Land of Nod -$159
Super cool if you place one on each bedside or in a man cave!
High Wire Pendant in grey from Land of Nod -$129
Perfect for a small breakfast nook, covered porch or even kitchen!

Fluted Trellis Pendant from RH Child - $143
Gorgeous in a small entry, walk-in closet and kitchen too!

Rattan Market Pendant from RH Child- $127
Love the basket feel and perfect for a covered outdoor space

Gianna Mini Chandelier fro PB kids - $69
These cuties would look good as a series of pendant light for the kitchen don't you think?

Teardrop Chandelier from PB Teen - $ 129
Seriously crushing on this one for my kitchen!

Faceted Capiz Pendant from PB teen - $79-119
These are Jonathan Adler look-a=likes and can go anywhere

Raegan Glass table Lamp from PB Teen - $59.99
Perfect for an entry table or console table.
Most of these lighting can be cool anywhere in the house, from the bedroom to the kitchen, I think some Kid Stores lighting are pretty perfect!

Storage
Charming Baskets (no snakes included) from Land of Nod - $35.95-69.95

Hyacinth Hamper from Land of Nod - $62.95

Mercado Baskets Set of 2 from Serena and Lily Kidshop -$48

Trapper Baskets from RH Child - $65-140

Industrial Pipe & rope Shelf fro RH Child - $254
These items can go anywhere in your home, unique and unexpected storage!
Rugs
Storyteller rug from RH Child - $179.99-289.99
Lovely in a small office or in the living room, a real conversation starter.

Rio Patchwork Hide Rug from RH Child - $424-1359
Cow Hide rugs are always expensive and for the size of this, it's pretty reasonable
Locking Blocks rug from Land of Nod - $99-299

Big Band Rug -$99-299
Reminds me of Dash & Albert Rug only cheaper
I always say, for general items in kids rooms, never choose too 'kid-like' furniture or pieces since we all know, all kids will grow  up sooner than we think. And pretty soon, that Dora or Thomas the train rug will be so out of place.  Don't forget too that kids tire easily of their current character faves, so choose pieces that can grow with your kid. These rugs are perfect examples. 

Decor
City Poster from Land of Nod -$24.95
Neighborhood Map from Land of Nod - $29.95
Jewel Mirror from RH Child - $380

Vintage Canvas Grommet Pillow cover & insert from RH Child - $44

Lottie dots decal from Land of Nod - $24.95

Furniture

Lattice Ooh lala Armchair from PB teen - $199

Mirror Bedside table from PB teen - $129.99

As You Wish Headboard from Land of Nod - $499-699
Devyn Tufted Daybed - $1359
Allegra Iron Canopy Bed From RH Child - $719-934

As you can tell, my favorite kid stores are  PB Kids and teen, RH child and Land of Nod. I also browse thru TARGET for kids a lot too! RH child is definitely on the high-end price, but if you want a tamer version of some of Restoration Hardware's lighting and other stuff, their Child versions come pretty close with a better price too especially the rugs. 

The most important thing is to keep an open mind when shopping. And just like thrifting, to see potentials of pieces on different settings!


15 comments:

  1. These are my go-to furniture/decor stores for kids too. Sometimes for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, food for thought, I wouldn't think of kids shopping sites but you make a good point. Thanks for sharing. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me at the lamps, Vel. I have a lamp obsession, just one of the many, lol. I love t he baskets and that colorful headboard too.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me at the lamps, Vel. I have a lamp obsession, just one of the many, lol. I love t he baskets and that colorful headboard too.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any little children around, so I never even think about going into a child's store. But I guess I am headed to the kid stores. I have a Pottery Barn right around the corner. I especially like the hanging light fixtures.
    Thanks, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas!! Love the ideas, especially for smaller spaces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I am glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for sharing this....my kids are all grown up...so stopping in kids stores just hasn't happened in years...now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't thought of shopping like that. I especially like the chandeliers. I am looking forward to seeing some Disney pics. Haven't been there for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds Vel! I'm loving that daybed - may just hop over to RH and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't paid much attention to the prices at kids stores, it looks like now that's going to change! :) All the light choices you picked are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids have long gone out on their own but most of these pics would work well anywhere...great inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing this blog. for more information related to baby towels visit at buy newborn bath towels online

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really a nice meter of this post. I read your post. Thanks for share your post with us.

    Ethnic Wear For Kids

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!