Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gift Wrap Uses

You guys know how much I love GIFT WRAP. 

I have used it to decorate bookshelves backing....


 And aside from wrapping gifts during the holiday season, I use it a lot in my Christmas decorations...

Glittered wrap backing my media center cabinets

Updating my wall decor by adding Gift wrap on the back
I also use it as Paper Placemats too!


I've used it to wrap some of my Paper storage boxes in my Craft Room as well


So I usually stock up on this a lot.

I've also seen it used as a wallpaper for an entire nook...

A Thoughtful Place Blog
...and room!

Lonny Magazine
And I know very well it can be displayed as art...

Seventh House on the Left Blog

So when I discovered Cavallini Gift wraps from Paper-Source.com, I knew I  just had to share them with you for an affordable, easily-changeable wall art! These are my favorites...



English ABC's


These Paper wraps are $3.95 only too!!!!

By the way, this post is actually sort of a PREQUEL to a project I did for my new kitchen!
Can you guess what I did with gift wrap in my kitchen???!

Happy Decorating!!!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to...

Carolyn's HomeworkThe Winthrop ChroniclesVMG 206Jaqs StudioSavvy Southern StyleGingersnap CraftsWhile they SnoozeNo Minimalist hereFrom my front Porch to YoursThe Shabby Creek CottageFrench Country CottageFinding FabulousThe Pin JunkieSerenity NowBe Different, Act Normal

16 comments:

  1. Genius! Love all your examples. I have some groovy ones that I've thought of framing for my kids' playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the uses!! I wonder if anyone has ever used it to line shelves?? I've been thinking of that lately but wonder how to go about it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post VEL! a topic Ive often thought of blogging about. Paper Source has the most amazing papers! That is one place to go for inspiration, that's for sure. Still envious of your craft desk/nook...very inspirational!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I am guessing you used it in a glass cabinet, or maybe in the back of a cabinet? Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome round-up! Love wrapping paper projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I need to check out that site, looks like lots of inspiration! Thanks, Vel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun...FUN!! I've used gift wrap for framing art, but wow there are some great ideas here! Thanks for sharing Vel...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this site! I have used gift wrap for framed art before and am currently looking for something pretty for the back of shelves in my family room. Off to check out your find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gift wraps! I can see them as place mats; especially like the butterflies. If I had a globe like you have I would spray it with blackboard paint. I am on the lookout for one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are pretty and great ideas, Vel. Hmmm, I cannot think of what you plan to do in the kitchen. Maybe apply gift wrap on the back walls of the glass cabinets? Can't wait to see the reveal...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the ideas! Who knew? :) I love the art idea! Can't wait to see what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just adore the Cavallini papers? I did a part of my laundry room with the papers. You can see them here:

    http://poofingthepillows.blogspot.com/2013/06/our-home-tour.html

    I recently purchased a calendar and have framed 4 of those beautiful prints. I haven't posted it yet but they turned out beautifully. It's a great way to get some beautiful art inexpensively.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see how you've used this in your kitchen! We have some pictures in our guest bath that were glass and no backs so the wallpaper could be seen through them. I used black damask wrapping paper on the backs and it looks amazing! Hope you have a GREAT weekend...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah Vel, lately I've been decorating more with gift wrap, I love how easy, cheap and full impact it is. Those are beautiful designs, the one with the butterflies is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a bit of a gift wrap hoarding problem...I am always buying up a pretty pattern when I see it. So many uses for it. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!