Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kitchen Renovation Update Day19-23

Happy Monday Everyone!

Finally, we're getting close to getting this 'baby' done!
This week has been very good.
First we got all the light in...

Yup, the chrome one from Lowes won me over.
Check out too the cabinet lighting on the background!


Also got my gorgeous Chandelier installed !Where? take a guess...;-)

Then, we finished the Pantry Cabinet ... well, sort of, since there's an additional detail your not seeing yet...

So beautiful, I'm totally inlove with this cabinet. Molding not up yet on this one though
and some other stuff too... ;-)
Was so excited, that I started filling it up! Here's a sneak peak...

Happy Organizing with my IKEA containers!

Then some good news on the countertop. 
Basically, one of the countertops arrived earlier than expected!

Tada! My 'chocolate' goodness!


And with that installed, we were able to start putting the back splash!
No grout yet but looks great!

Close-up of the veining on the counter top

And so naturally, the sink and dishwasher is finally in too!!!
Kohler Vault Double Basin with the Kohler Sensate Pull-out High Arch Faucet
I wanted to get a different sink but we were limited to a 33" one. I'm loving this one though, don't you?
The faucet has touch-free technology too!

I'm excited with the dishwasher (actually used it right away the same night (Aaaahh, relief!) since it was apparently good, the quietest in the market, and has a 3rd row tray!

Finally on Friday, I got another good news on the marble countertop!
It too arrived sooner than expected and I went to the store to see it before cutting, and it is gorgeous! 
It's hopefully going up this week, so hopefully, we should be done then! 

YEHEY!!!!!!!
Now all I have to start doing is organizing  and decorating!!
 Uh-oh... Wish me luck! ;-)


By the way, if you want to see where we started & the previous days on this renovation click on the
links below....

Kitchen Renovation Day 14-18
Kitchen Renovation Day 9-13
Kitchen Renovation Day 4-8
What our house looks like during renovation & Day 1-3
Kitchen Flooring Options
Kitchen Pendant Lighting Options

Have a Great Week Everyone!

*VEL*

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...




Linking back to...

homework

38 comments:

  1. Wow! You've made a lot of progress! I LOVE your chandelier! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Vel. So excited to see the whole thing soon!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely to die for! I can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG IM so excited! I can't wait for every single photograph of this space! The anticipation youve created on the blog has me at the edge of my seat. I am so happy for you. You deserve it! Love the lighting Vel! and those countertops!!!!!!!
    good luck this week.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Everything is so gorgeous, Vel! The backsplash and counters are beautiful, and your lighting is perfect! I can't wait to see it in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Everything is GORGEOUS. I love both lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Everything is GORGEOUS! I love both lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I knew it would be with your fabulous taste! Cannot wait to see the full reveal, Vel! Btw...in love with your light fixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful choices. Can't wait to see the entire reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all so beautiful, Vel. You have wonderful taste. You must be so excited!!! Love the lighting and everything else, especially the chocolate countertop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is gorgeous! I love the hardware on the pantry, the back splash, and the lights! Fantastic Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vel everything looks amazing!!! The backsplash is truly beautiful, and is such a great contrast to the countertops. I love hearing about the appliances you chose too - thanks for sharing your whole kitchen reno journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is looking beautiful! The counters are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! Your kitchen is going to be fabulous! I love the countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it looks amazing...and I am totally swooning over your lighting choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my, it looks amazing. I love the chandelier. Is it above the island or the table???

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you have an array of style elements that compliment each other so beautifully ... light cabs, dark cabs, crystal, chrome, brass, granite, marble, and the list goes one ... this will be a kitchen that's a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vel!! So happy for you! Can't wait for your final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Vel -
    Lots of progress there - congrats!! And what gorgeous lighting. That chrome pendant with the fretwork is stunning! Good luck with the marble counter tops. Fingers crossed :)
    x Loi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE, love love all of your choices, Vel! The lighting... That chandy is awesome...maybe above the kitchen table? but oh well I stopped thinking about it after seeing that beautiful backsplash! Almost done and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Everything is coming together so amazing! That chandelier is beyond gorgeous and I'm seriously drooling over your new cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are getting excited for you out here in blogland! I cannot wait to see everything - what I have seen so far is absolutely terrific. I know you are ready to move back in - I can tell from the way you have organized the pantry!
    I am wishing you lots and lots of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vel, Vel, Vel, your kitchen is coming out stunning!!! So far it's amazing, you got such fabulous taste, with all you have chosen for it. The chandy is gorgeous, the cabinets, the pantry and it's terrific organization, and I could go on and on........imagine when it's all finishes and you're cooking in it?!
    Have a wonderful week pretty girl.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your kitchen is looking gorgeous! I love that chandelier, and the finish on your cabinets is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.
    Thanks, Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your kitchen so much. It looks like something out of a designer magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I can't wait to see it all. It looks amazing so far. Wow, I love , love ,love that sink too. http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your kitchen is something else!! SO absolutely beautiful!!! It's so clean and chic. I am obsessed!

    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your kitchen looks great so far. The chandelier is gorgeous.
    Thanks for this lovely share.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vel, Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful. Love the lights and the great pantry. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and I can wait to see your completed kitchen.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything looks beautiful, from your lighting to your dishwasher...all soooo pretty!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ack, I am officially completely jealous!! Love everything, so high end!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty. I love the pantry! Those doors are gorgeous. I wonder what the surprise is?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh! All beautiful choices. I guarantee that chocolate marble will become a hot item. It is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks so amazing Vel! I featured your kitchen on homework today! Just love that light fixture! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vel, your kitchen is coming along so nicely! You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a Sunday Showcase feature button. Here is the link to this week's Showcase. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful details and can't wait to see the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just amazing. I know I say that every time I visit but truly I mean it! Thanx for partying!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looking so great your kitchen. I like the all home decors especially your cabinet lighting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!