Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sophia's Nursery Closet (Skeleton Closet No More Part 2)

Hello Friends!

Sorry for being M.I.A. for the past couple of weeks. If you follow me on INSTAGRAM, you know that I just recently ended a month long vacation with my family which included 3 weddings and 7 flights! HEW - I need a vacation from my vacation for sure!

I'll surely share some tidbits about it later on, but for now, I just wanted to show you Sophia's Nursery closet!


Removed the closet shelf that was here before
When I revealed the Nursery a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I still had to reveal the closet.

The closet was actually finished first, but there was one wall not done so I opted not to include it in the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE (ORC).

Added our Crib Carpet from the Master Bedroom to lighten up the flooring

Added the extra Oh Joy Petal Pusher Wall paper here!

Obviously, I had some serious fun fixing up this space!

A brief reminder of what it looked like before HERE...

Jam-packed on this side  and on the other side were all the Bedroom linen
- FOR ALL THE ROOMS!
Let me share you more details...

I finally got to hack an IKEA RAST Drawer !
I just painted this with Glidden paint, added some cool knobs I scored from Hobby Lobby way back in 2011... yes, you read is right, 2011, I actually have a POST to prove the fact! ;-)
And of course I bought added these 2" corner braces to make this dresser look campaign style.
I'm still undecided on that decal I temporarily placed behind one of the knobs.

I think they look great and if you want a great tutorial on how to hack this dresser check out 


Love this meaningful decal

The mini girl bust is a recent score from the thrift!

Added Mama Brass Bear hanger to get her clothes ready before we go out
I got the beautiful flower and BE-YOU-TIFUL decal from and all the flower decal from Classy Clutter Designs in ETSY! The gold flecks trickling down are just the remnants from the flower decal itself! Nothing got waisted for sure!

Ribbons and flower head bands are contained in acrylic candy containers (Safety matters all the time)
I used during Sophia's baptism! Small TARGET easter basket holds some hats

Everything is organized by age

Got this from Maine Mom Designs (also with ETSY)




Sandals and small beach bag here, along with some sentimental items. Boxes contain cards Sophia has received.

I covered the shelf top with old  Gift bags I cut and taped underneath for more stability.

I got the Acrylic Shelves from Clear Displays.com

Hat & Bonnet display

Mini Purse Display

Shoe Display

Framed Magazine Art I got from the 15th Anniversary issue of OPRAH!
I love that now we have a beautiful space to put all of Sophia's things. 

I know it's a great space for kids because every time Sophia enters this room with me, she always seem excited and want to touch everything (Who can blame her right?)! 

I wish my closet were as organized and as nice as this. So in a way, I'm livin' one small dream of mine thru this little space!

Have A Great Week Everyone!!!


VEL 

25 comments:

  1. Hi Vel - welcome back! That was one busy vacation you had, lady and I totally relate on needing a vacation after vacation. Now, about the closet.....it's GORGEOUS!!!! I love all the gold and the glitz. What a lucky little lady Miss Sophia is. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, this closet looks like a little child's boutique! Beautiful and you did an amazing job.
    Adorable indeed. I am going to have a new grandgirl too from DD Alex.
    Now you need to go and rest from your vacay, lol!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything inside this room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Vel! I was waiting to see your rast hack--it turned out beautiful. Such a pretty shade of pink! The whole project turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vel...this is So cute...I love the wallpaper and how you have all of Sophia's dresses hung so pretty. I loved for my girls to wear dresses every day possible. I'm glad that hasn't gone out of style.

    7 flights where? I knew you went home but where else. I don't think I could take that!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say it's a good thing Sophia has a walkin closet! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vel, this is so precious! What a dream closet for a little girl!! I absolutely love the wallpaper, and the acrylic shelves and sophisticated girly details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I wish my closet was half as nice and organized as Sophia's! I love the wallpaper and all of the gold decals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...Sophia is one lucky little girl! So happy your travels went well...I enjoyed following you on IG. It must have been a tough trip with a little one. Have a wonderful week, Vel! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Vel, her closet looks like a couture boutique! I want one!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most beautiful closet I've ever seen! Which I could wear 9 month clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophia is one lucky little girl! Beautiful closet Vel! I also enjoyed seeing all your vacay pics on IG!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous, Vel!!! I'm just loving all the cute little hair accessories, shoes, purses, and clothes!!! You've decorated it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vel, Her room is adorable and what little girl wouldn't love a closet like this. I bet Sophia is a real fashionista with all those cute outfits.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness I am in love with this closet and want one of my own like this! I especially love how you have Sophia's shoes displayed.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a good mommy. This is a beautiful room, with its colors, designs and organization. Something for me to shoot for. I saw your link at the Dedicated House's Before and After Wednesday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty and adorable room! I love the way you organized her clothes and those gold decals are absolutely chic! I also like the way you displayed her shoes and purses. Beautiful, beautiful closet, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute closet! Sophia sure is a lucky girl!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh! Sophia's closet is amazing! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the features tonight at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! Here is the link for this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-142.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sophia's closet is as beautiful as her room! The shoe and bag displays are sooo cute! Love the gold accents and the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is absolutely sweet and perfect! I love every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Weekly Feature Series is live which you are one of the features. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/weekly-feature-series_10.html Have a wonderful Sunday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!