Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fauxidermy


 I am truly in love right now with the FAUXIDERMY TREND right now.

And with the gorgeous Fall season in full 'bloom', what better way to celebrate Life , and Death ;-) than thru these nature-inspired decor!


Like these from Z gallerie


They come in all sorts of material too from paper...
West Elm's 

... to Cardboard puzzles....
From Urban Outfitters
.. and even Cable knit covered ones..

source
Would look amazing for a Christmas mantle!

 .. to metal and inflatable plastics!

Also From Urban Outfitters


There atypical versions too such as these Dog heads...

Anthro doggies
and this  outrageously priced one of a walrus head...
Walrus Bust by Ivar Theorin - $1,250

They can range from weird...
Squirrel and tail
to fabulous...

source

source
Decor pad
Decor pad
I am totally smitten with this!
And though we live in the south where the wild things run free and hunting is as common as hiking, we just haven't gotten ourselves into it yet. 

And so, as an 'ode' to the south and my love for fauxidermy, I incorporated some in the best space for these in my home - my son's bedroom!




I got my 'fix from TJ Maxx for $12.99 each. :-)

Excellent place to hang Medals too!



How about you? are you a fan?

By the way, if you have the time, check out Rea's blog, "Home 4 Sweet home" - she featured my Home HERE!
Have a Great Day!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

21 comments:

  1. love the blue and tan deer heads with the twin beds! new follower... xm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan!! and I don't have any!! I love the white ones and the metallic ones. I really love how you mixed yours into the gallery wall- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the metal horns, and the white dear head. I am not a fan of taxidermy as a general rule, but the obviously not real ones are OK. Even stylish. I could go for that!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ones you used in your son's room look great, perfect for a young man. I love the faux ones, anything verging on realistic just doesn't register on my cute meter. Hung my stag head from Tar-jay online yesterday. Named him Fred. Already a member of the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've fallen victim to the trend too! We have a chrome gazelle, whom I've name Giselle. She's one of my fav accessories in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fan! That sweater head was great. I like the stuffed animal heads on plaques too. I think they are comical and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it too, especially the white one with the gold antlers above the desk. Great idea for a post, Vel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally crushing at the antlers too....thanks for sharing where you got yours. I might have to drop by J Maxx...they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a deal Vel! I love how beautiful and functional that one on the wall can be, yes perfect for hanging medals♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe those are from TJ Maxx! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen so many different ones, each one as beautiful as the others. Thanks for sharing, Vel...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun and so much better, than real heads hanging on the wall! I am from the south, too, and have seen enough of those - lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them--except for the dogs, those are weird!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the antlers! The tour of your home is fabulous - thanks so much for sharing.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these--the deer with the golden antlers is my favorite!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the shout out, sweet friend! Mine came from TJ Maxx too, but yours were a steal, of course!! :) I know they're trendy, but still just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vel, I think the ones you used might be my favorites - a modern take on this fun trend! Love how you incorporated them into your son's gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm still on the fence about fauxidermy. I'm undecided about the ones with a head, but I do like the ones that are just the antlers - like the ones in your son's room. I would definitely hang those in my gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never ever thought I would hang a deer head on the wall but some of the new faux taxidermy is so fun and I would totally do it if I had the right spot. Love how you incorporated one into your ORC room!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love faux taxidermy! I think they add another dimension to a space. I particularly love metallic and white ones! Yours look fab! I had two in my home, one in the living room and one in my son's room. Don't mind getting more in the future!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!