Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Showing off my collections

Another fun and obvious fact about me is that I am a huge collector.

I started with stationaries, stickers, candy wrapper and pig figurines when I was little (Ok, I also went thru  a boy band phase with the MENUDO - latin boy group in the 80's for the unfamiliar).

I've never outgrown my love for collecting, and so other than my milk glass collection in my kitchen, I have other things that I collect that have not been on the spotlight on my blog.

And before the Christmas decorations came out, my collections had a brief moment to shine in our home.

Like some of the books I collect...

Gotta get them out of the library sometime right?

I'm so in love with these Penguin books - have more titles to get ;-)



And you probably noticed how much I love BRASS right?!
So I thought of showing off some of the Brass I collect...

Sitting pretty in my Dining room

I love these - timeless candlesticks can go anywhere!

Did I mention I collect Brass Apples too!

I think GOLDEN APPLES are just so pretty!
My Dining room is just glistening in golden brass!
And honestly, I think collecting is genetic too!

Take a look at what my sons collect...

Snow Globes, skeletons & Lord of the Ring items
Got to use the Letterpress Drawers I scored Antiquing a while back

Some Disney Characters that my younger son collect

Matchbox collection too

Come to think of it, my Dad collected Horse-themed decor and my mom has these gorgeous celadon vases & jars! I therefore conclude, that yes, collecting is in my DNA!!!

How about you? Is it in yours too?

Will be busy preparing for Thanksgiving and the Dinner Fund-raiser, and hopefully squeeze some shopping in between, so maybe I'll see you all next week!

Wishing you a  very Happy Thanksgiving!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

22 comments:

  1. I love the books!!! So display worthy! And your son's stash is pretty impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collections, Vel! The collection of brass pieces looks fantastic glowing in your dining room. I love all of the candlesticks. I have quite a few silver ones but I just can't seem to keep the candles standing up!! Any tips?

    Your boys inherited your genes for sure, and they are so tidy!! :(

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book collection! I assume that they are not only beautiful but also good books. I started reading the Great Gatsby this week for the first time. It is my Thanksgiving break book. Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing some of your collections! The books covers and colors are so pretty! I do my share of collecting too!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vel, I think a person is a "collector" or isn't one. I definitely have issues with collecting!! Love see your collections and I am happy to know that I am not the only one who still loves brass. Actually, Susan from Between Naps on the Porch loves brass, too! Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty collections and those books are beautiful!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey pretty Vel...I love your collections, starting from the Penguin books, awesome! The brass candle holders are fabulous grouped together like that in your lovely dining table...I totally love it, gorgeous! All your brass is fabulous. I am like you, I have so many collections, lol...Your Little boy looks like he took after you..hehehehhee...Have you guys a very blessed Tksgiving.
    xoxo
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vel, You always do a great job displaying your collections! I love that tray that the brass candlesticks are styled on! Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the collections, Vel and I like your display shelves. Your dining table glowing with gold is fantastic,...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vel, I could collect so many things ... I struggle with this, I think I fall more under the "hoarder" label!! Happy Thanksgiving!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am huge collector too. I start collected colorful feathers, stickers, bookmarks, stamps, coins, first day covers, etc when I was a child. Now, I collect beautiful boxes, table lamps, brass items, home accessories, magnets, etc! I Love your wonderful collection of brass pieces!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty collections. I have a brass apple too, how fun. I wish you and your family a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great collections. I am DYING over your book collection--so beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I collected stationary when I was little too! In highschool I collected pineapple stuff. Now I collect ironstone!

    P.S. Those books are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello ganda,
    OMG! talaga. You collect brass? Dami sa amin sa Cotabato yan. Uwi tayo and you will drool §:-)

    Awesome collection. I am drooling while browsing down until I ended up to your decked kitchen. So elegant and thank you I found you. U r one of my inspiration, kasi your style is not that "TOO" decked style. Naka-kalunod.

    Keep up the good work, kabayan and have a bountiful Thanksgiving Day.

    Hugs from D´Box,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great collections Vel! I love your brass candlesticks. I always see those at thrift stores...I should start collecting those too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some great collections there. I think they always look good kept together, especially the cluster of candle sticks. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely have the collecting gene as well! I love your apples all grouped together and the books have really nice faded colours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Vel,
    Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy this special time of gathering!!
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always been a collector too Vel. Love seeing your favorite collections now - those books are awesome. I may have to add them to my collection list (like I really need something else on it....). Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it is so much fun seeing what someone collects. It's like getting a sneaky peak into the inner-person. You have some lovely collections, Vel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. it started with a mouse collection when I was a kid and spiraled into every random collection that I have today. we need a collecting-itis anonymous!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!