Friday, November 15, 2013

14,000 things you didn't know about me


I know you all have read or played this game before.

Be it on Facebook or on the blogosphere, fun, interesting and quirky facts about someone can be a very engaging read ( not to mention sometimes a gossip here and there have sprung several times among my FB friends)! ;-)

Anyhow, in the name of FUN, Linda from Calling it Home, tagged me with these questions, and here goes my answers!


1. WHY DO YOU BLOG?

family

Started out as an outlet to share our life and home to friends and family back home in the Philippines. 


Friends


But this has blossomed as a sharing frenzy to people and friends all over the world!!!! 
It's addicting at this point since I now have new friends who share the common interests I have about decorating and design!


2. TOP 3 FAVORITE BOOKS

source

Story of friendship and redemption and an eye-opening take on what Afghanistan was really like before all the chaos started.


Perfect gift for the reader kid for $58!
Who doesn't love this series yet? Heck, I'm still doing the audio books right now!
I love how simple yet so detailed this fictional place is. Just hate all the characters dying! Cried my heart out with book 6!

source

First Shakespeare I've read and will always be a favorite. I'm trying to get my whole family into reading this glorious macabre!

3. WHAT IS YOUR DAILY UNIFORM?


Pjs & Shirt when I 'm home all day!

Shorts & Nice tee or blouse for the summer...

Riding boots, sweater and jeans for the fall
4. COOK FROM SCRATCH OR READY-MADE?
A fave in our household
Another fave
Wish I could do from-scratch everyday, but the reality is  some ready- made frozen stuff are just so good and so much easier!
FYI too, there are no frozen foods like this in the Philippines so these types of food, though not always healthy is a HUGE deal for me! ;-)

5. FAVORITE PURCHASE FOR 2013

JURA ENA 4
Hands down, the best I bought this year - changed our mornings and hence our life! 
Ok, I'm exaggerating, but now, gourmet coffee is just a press away!

6. DREAM CAREER?
Pediatrician
I'm definitely lucky doing what I truly love. 
When I chose my career I only asked myself one question - "what job would I want to do for the rest of my life?" This is it!!!

And oh, be an actress and sing in a musical of course!

My favorite of them all - know every song ;-)

7. RED OR WHITE?
source
source
source

I only have 3 red items in my closet - a dress, a pair of shoes & a cardigan. :-)

Thanks again Linda! How about you, curious what's your answers are for all these questions too!!!!!

Have a Great Weekend!

*VEL* 

31 comments:

  1. awww i loved reading this! thank you for helping kids the way you do, Vel! thats such a wonderful profession. and i dont think i have more than three red items in my closet either? whats that all about! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kite Runner, too, and I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! I hope your family and friends in the Philippines are safe? You are one of the bright lights in blogland; I'm glad I found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is great, specially yuou lovely girl. You look like a model and I love your everyday sryle. I'm pants and a shirt or stylish blouse, or top and some heels; I am not the sporty type, except when needed, lol! Hey sweetie, I'm specially writing to find out if your family and friends in the Philippines are safe and ok. My heart goes out to the people that are suffering and have lost loved ones. My prayers go out to them!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Vel! So great to know you a bit more! You are in the perfect career since even your supportive, compassionate and sweet demeanor flows over into your blogging!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like this and I so enjoyed getting to know you better!! You are the real deal!! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved getting to know you better Vel! Can you believe I've never read any of the Harry Potter books? I feel like I'm the only one on earth who hasn't. But I LOVE the movies so I know I'd love the books too. I've been meaning to read them for years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your answers! And The Kite Runner is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much fun getting to know more about you, Vel! I bet you are a terrific pediatrician!

    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Kite Runner and Harry Potter too! I cried so hard reading The Kite Runner. I couldn't even talk about it without crying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was FUN, thanks so much for sharing Vel!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I too cried a few times during the Harry Potter book series. Crazy right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading these and I love getting to you know better. Your fall style looks like something in my closet! I've never read any Harry Potter books! I tried to start the first one but didn't get very far...I may have to try to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it that you're a science geek like me - there aren't many of us in the design world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post! It was nice getting to know you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can design, and your a doctor? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun to read a little more about you! thanks for sharing! And I was wondering, how long have you lived in the US? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fun read Vel. I love reading random facts about a person especially about a friend like you!
    Happy weekend!
    mALOU

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! Loved reading this post! You are such a sweet person, I am sure you are the best Pediatrician ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this, so fun to learn more about you. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vel, I love this post and getting to know you better! You amaze me with your ability to juggle a serious career, motherhood, home projects and blogging like you do! I am so glad we met this year via blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun, Vel! You are a gem in the blogosphere, and I'm sure your patients adore you just as much! Love the peek in your closet, too ~ very stylish, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love reading post like this and get to know my fellow blogger better. Didn't realize you are a pediatrician until this post. I am sure you are the sweetest and kindest pediatrician out there! Love your stylish fall ensemble, by the way!

    Happy weekend, Vel!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. yes a very fun post and the questions are interesting I hate when these sometimes are the same over and over New follower and hope you pop over to my NYC blog as well!
    http://www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing your story, Vel! You're a doctor and decorator - very cool. I didn't know you are from the Philippines. I hope your family and friends are all safe. Take care, L

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved reading this!!! I guess that I am the only person who did not make it through the first Harry Potter book - did not like it!! However, "Macbeth" is my favorite play by Shakespeare and I loved, loved "The Kite Runner" - two out of three is not bad, right?? You look fabulous in all of your outfits - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vel, it's so great to know more about you! I am a big Kite Runner fan too!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vel it is so great to know more about you...love your blog!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cordon bleu is one of my families favorites too. Can't wait to try the rice!

    Have a lovely week my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!