Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas… Our Snowflake Chandelier

Hello Everyone!

Hew! Wasn't sure I'd make it to writing this post, it's been CRAZEE BUSY lately!

First off, my little Aidan was sick for a couple of days.. :-( .
 I missed one day of work and had to take care of my little man. 

Second, we attended a fun fund-raising for the Illinois Society of Autism
Fun because it was a masquerade and wouldn't you know it, I won again on the Door prize raffle!!!!! 
A bunch of kiddie books that I could use for the clinic and to give out to the little ones for Christmas! 

Third, I know you all have heard about the devastating Typhoon that ravaged my home country… 

Tacloban,Leyte Philippines

 A BIG 'Thank you' to all who emailed, texted or called me asking how my family was. 
Truly, this Holiday season is all the more meaningful because of all our loved ones' and friends' safety. However, as you probably know by now 6 million are still affected, and me, my friend Vivian and Blogger friend and Chef, Malou Perez-Nievera from "Skip to Malou", decided to hold a small fund-raising dinner here at my home!!!! 
And with that said, a lot of planning, invitations needed to be made etc.! 

Simple Invite I made for the upcoming dinner

To top it all off, I finished our Christmas Decorations too!

Nah! This was last year, just joking!
Anyhow, I'm sure you got tired too just by reading about this all right? 
But hey, I'm still the lucky one right? 
To get to do all these things and share once again to you… sheer bliss!

Let's get on with Christmas shall we.
I'll start subtle and slow since I don't want you 'inebriated' (a very popular word right now in Toronto with Mayor Ford, tsk tsk tsk..) with too many Christmas yet because if you think I'm HALLOWEEN CRAZEE then for CHRISTMAS, my crazeeeeness is 10x over! ;-)


Our Snowflake Chandelier
This is what the Chandy looks like originally
I dded these Crystal Garland I got from Crate & Barrel years ago - used 2
and hung this large beaded snowflake I got from TJ Maxx last year


I then added these small snowflake ornaments on the bulbs
(scored those from Khol's last year at 75% off)

Isn't' it pretty?


It was very pretty too I think.
But truly in love withy this one - so sparkly, perfect for the holiday season!
There's more to see in the Dining room, but It's actually the one room that's not 'done' yet. I have a DIY that I want to make for this space. But let me end this with another eye candy… Both my large windows currently have this….

Lighted Capiz Star Lanterns I brought home from the Philippines 2 years ago and lighted garland I got 2 years ago too from Menards. 
This looks really lovely both from the inside and from the outside!
Lanterns are everywhere in most parts of the Philippines except for sadly the affected areas… wishing on the star right now for some relief, comfort and hope to the victims of the typhoon and their families, because right now, other than the little help we can give, that's all that I can do and pray for…


Have  A Great Week!!!!

*VEL *

21 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your family and friends are safe!! My thoughts and prayers are with your country.
    And I love your Christmas decor! So pretty and inviting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did...the chandelier and garland look wonderful! and the star from you brought home...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so happy your family is safe, there is such devastation and loss that it is hard to see. I love your decorations, the chandy looks so pretty with all the glitter and the garland and star on the window is stunning. I havn't done a thing, I need to get with it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vel, so glad to hear that your loved ones are safe. What a truly awful time for all those affected. I can't believe you are all ready for Christmas! You are so organized! I will start the mad race the day after Thanksgiving...looks like I have some catching up to do! Gorgeous chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? you're done already!? Looks fabulous - love the chandelier and I love capiz shells! So glad you family is ok
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Vel - I'm relieved to know your family and friends are safe. Such a tragedy. Wishing you all much success with the fundraising. What a wonderful treat for the guests to enjoy all your festive decorations and lovely home. Beautiful!!
    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful home, and I'm happy to hear that your loved ones are safe!! Thanks so much for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vel, I am so happy that your family and friends are safe, what a relief! I love your holiday decorations, and your neat ideas! Your home is looking quite festive already, can't wait to see more.

    Wishing you the best of luck with the fundraising, hopefully it will be a huge success!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a busy woman! I am so thankful that your family is safe. Good luck with your benefit dinner, that is such a good idea and so kind of you! P.S. Everything looks beautiful and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy to hear that you escaped the devastation!
    Your chandelier is just gorgeous! Wonderful idea's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So pretty. Love what you did with the chandelier! It looks so festive! Glad to know that your family is safe too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your family and friends are okay, and what a wonderful idea that you are doing the dinner party! Your home looks just amazing! I really like what you did with the chandy, and the window decorations are beautiful!

    I've been busily working on mine, but it takes me awhile....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear your family and friends are safe. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those that have been in harms way, it is just so sad. Your home is lovely, I love your decorations (last years too!) and as always it's a pleasure having you share at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such a relief to read your family is safe. And the dinner party is an amazing idea, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of work. Your chandelier is amazing.
    Magali

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello pretty Kabayan.

    Are you from Visayas? I am relieve to hear that your family are in the best of health. We just both lucky.

    I am drooling with your orb light. Ganda? TY pala with all the ideas. Although, balay kahon lang ang bahay, I might steal some of your ideas and of bring with me back home. Lol*

    Ingat & hugs to everyone.
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you transformed your chandy for the holidays! Lovely! I am so glad your family is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow..i love the chandelier and the garland helps it more stunning

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with the fundraiser and I am glad your family is safe. Your chandelier is very glamorous dressed for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to see all these Christmas trimmings that you already have. I came here to check out your Thanksgiving decors but it's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas na!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you did to your lights! So glad your family is ok, how scary! Thanks so much for stopping by chapter37 and for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your snowflake chandelier! I am so glad to hear that your family is ok! Such a scary experience. Thanx for partying at THT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!