Sunday, November 16, 2014

Easy Elegant Invite

I mentioned last time that I was planning for Sophia's baptism and party.

Of course with something this important, invitations are in order.

I didn't want to spend too much, but I also wanted something unique and elegant. And so I came up with this solution that I wanted to share.

Invites I ordered
 First, I ordered from one of the most affordable printing websites - VISTAPRINT.

The invitation was $9.00/10, still too expensive for me, but after a 40% coupon and free shipping, I ended up paying about 30 cents per invite.

I then had my husband print these at home....


We used velum paper ordered from Amazon for $7.71

And after punching a few holes, and 1 roll of a 97 cents white ribbon from Walmart, 
here is the finished product!

Our easy and elegant invite!


All in all I spent less than $50 for a 100 invites ( No, I'm not sending it all)!
I already distributed this to our friends and family and almost everyone complimented the beautiful invite and of course, confirmed their attendance on this big day for our daughter's life!

Hope you all have a Great Week!


VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...


Linking back to..

From My front Porch to YoursThe Dedicated HouseA Stroll Thru LifeInspire Me MondayOur Home Away from Home

22 comments:

  1. Obviously, I missed something, while I was away. Congratulations of the birth of this little angel!! So happy for you and your wonderful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invitations are so pretty and so perfect for this precious little girls special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vel and only $50 for 100 invitations. Such a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, Vel. She is such a pretty thing. Enjoy the special time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty, Vel! What a super idea, that is a completely custom card that would have cost you several dollars per invite. You are so thrifty! It reminds me of a Tiffany box~ perfect that sweet little girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, Vel. I love all the customizable invites these days...they really become keepsakes. You chose a sweet momento for little Sophia! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out so darling, Vel, and how nice to do it yourself! Your little girlie is just a living doll!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, they are so beautiful! and what a bargain! I love the design you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable, and baby Sophia is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vel, she is precious! And I love the invites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The invites are really cute... It helps that your daughter is adorable on the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so pretty Vel, and the star attraction is quite a beauty herself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Do you ever sleep? I'm astounded by you every day! Beautiful invites for a beautiful girl, and, indeed, one of the most special days of her little life. I hope it's great! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How could they not be beautiful with sweet Sophia's picture on them? I love the idea of using the vellum. Very well done. Of course, I would expect nothing less from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a smart idea for the invites! Such a sweet pic of Sophia too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vry pretty and very clever pretty girl! I'm gonna keep this gorgeous invite for Sophia's, who knows who might want an idea this good!
    Baby is looking adorable each day.
    Hope you all have a sweet Thanksgiving this year, with so much to thank God!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. The invites look lovely! Sophia looks adorable too! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those invites are totally adorable, Vel! Of course, you had a perfectly precious background! Sophia just gets cuter all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The invites turned out so lovely Vel and Sophia is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful invitations! You have great ideas. She is so cute and getting sooo big.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!