Thursday, November 13, 2014

What's going on and my son's Halloween Birthday Party


 Hi Friends! 

I feel like I've been M.I.A. for sooooo long! And I was!

The thing is, aside from being a new mom again to my little Sophia, things have been extra hectic around our household. First, during halloween I was busy planning for my teen son's birthday party! You see it was his last year in his school and he wanted to have a small celebration with his classmates and friends, so Halloween became extra busy for us. 

Secondly, a gathering this Saturday at my house is in the works since my friend priest is coming for a visit and so we have to get the house ready for a mass and this small party!

Thirdly, aside from planning for Thanksgiving, we have been busy going all around STL for school visits and interviews for my eldest son!

Fourthly, I'm also busy preparing for Sophia's BAPTISM and party after Thanksgiving!

Lastly, I'm going Christmas Crazee already and am busy prepping our house already!!! Hopefully I can show you my Christmas decorations around the house soon, I'm so excited about this one since it's Sophia's 1st Christmas and family are all coming to celebrate this holiday with us!

HEW!

But for today let me share with you the simple and hurried birthday party prep I did for my son!

I had more of those Halloween decor hangings but did not have the time to hang the others
It's a bit tricky planning a party for teens, but I couldn't help decorating still!

Cake table


What's halloween without the sweets right?



Proud of this cake - baked it and my mom made her super yummy icing! I added halloween tummies to make it more fun!


Party scene


More Candies



Drink Station


Kid-friendly fruit punch - Cranberry juice, ginger ale and frozen lemonade, YUMMY!
Oh and frozen lemon skull!

Our MENU: Pizza, chicken n' dumplings (my son's fave), Baked mac n' cheese, breadsticks
and crispy chicken

My young man!
Your probably wondering about our costumes right? We didn't do a family-themed costume this year since we all wanted different outfits but here they are...

Star Lord from "Guardians of the Galaxy" & Steve from Minecraft

My husband went as Tony Starck a.k.a. Ironman without the costume as he accompanied my young man trick-or-treating
and I was simply a mommy giraffe with my baby giraffe. :-)

That's it for now, I have a lot of blog-backreading to do, hope I can all get to see and read all your wonderful posts!

Have a Great Weekend!


VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

17 comments:

  1. Oh my word, how in the world do you do all of this with a new baby. BTW, she is adorable and you look amazing. Your son's party looks like so much fun and I love those lights. So colorful and so fun, perfect for a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party! The lights are so cool. Your son is so lucky to have such a good mom.

    Both you and the baby look adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party, Vel! Belated Happy birthday to big brother! You got me exhausted just by reading all your activities.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party and how lucky your son is that you give him time for such a fabulous celebration in his special day...I mean, caz you got a baby in your arms! You surprise me, specially that amazing spirit and enthusiasm you have pretty girl! I just came back from a week the girls and I'm exhausted, but yes, my grandma, lol!
    Baby Sophie is looking adorable too and happy belated birthday to your dear Son.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! What a beautiful girl your Sophia is!! I love that your "simple" birthday party is my super complicated... How do you do it??? I'm amazed. So glad to see your beautiful family! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vel and how nice to see a post from you! You have been so busy! The birthday party looks like so much fun and I loved seeing snaps of your family! That little baby girl is just adorable and you look beautiful as ever.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a busy lady (much like Christine who I have met in person!). This looks like so much fun!! Your son is so handsome. Sophia is beautiful and precious (you, too of course). Slow down...you are making me look bad! ;-D

    Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one super busy momma, Vel! Sophia is gorgeous, just like her mom, you are still a super party planner extraordinaire and I hope your son enjoyed his party!! Enjoy that family time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun party! I love the baby and mama giraffe costumes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get tired just reading about all you do! Looks like a really fun party and to think that you threw it together in a hurry! Baby Sophia looks so precious! I know you are enjoying your time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so busy, and it all sounds so fun. Your party decorations are spooktacular, and Sophia is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are incredible! Your son's Halloween/Birthday party looked amazing AND you and Sophia both look GORGEOUS!!! Have a lovely weekend, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your son's party decor looks so fun. You really put a lot of time and effort into the details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an amazing party you gave your son! I can't believe all the energy you have! :) Love your costumes and that little Sophia is just a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vel, Idk how you do it all! And common, that's your simple Halloween party?! it all looks well decorated and big! Baby Sophia is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just catching up and Sophia is truly darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired!
    Extremely helpful information particularly the remaining part :
    ) I deal with such information much. I used to be looking for this particular info for a long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!