Sunday, April 12, 2015

Getting Original art

I won the "Art Lottery"!


Not really, but I feel like I did after getting this...


It's " ARM IN ARM" by JENNIFER DAILY.

I first saw this art work on MINTED

I searched for the artist and I was lucky enough that the original was available and the price was within reach, so I had no second thoughts and grabbed it right away!

After I bought it,  it was again featured by EMILY HENDERSON here..


When she shelled out her BEST ONLINE ART RESOURCES


...and picked 'my painting' among her favorites!


See!

Of course I have been blessed to have two KERRY STEELE watercolors from the THE PINK PAGODA in the past...



but getting this new abstract art has got me so excited again about owning originals!

It's small but hang distinctly on one of the walls as you enter the house

I love prints too, but don't you think if you could get the original, it just makes it more exciting owning the art itself?! Of course, if the original is un-affordable, the prints will suffice especially if it's something you really love right?!

Now, I try to scour affordable art print sources and try to go to the original artist's site hoping to win the 'Art Lottery' again!


Have a Wonderful Week!


VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, very pretty. I love Minted they have a great art selection. I just ordered a small egg print for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love the colors in the new picture. Isn't it great to find just what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I just looked up her shop and her prices are definitely reasonable for originals. I could definitely use more original art in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun and cheery colors. Good selection!

    P/S: By the way, I am having a BISSELL carpet cleaner (worth $260) giveaway on the blog today. Don't forget to stop by and enter!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2015/04/spring-cleaning-tips-bissell-upright.html


    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love being able to support artists in that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Vel and I am a huge fan of Minted. I've always gotten great pieces from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!