Sunday, January 31, 2016

Dreaming of Closets

I mentioned to you that I wanted to re-do our Master Closet HERE,  and now that you have see what it currently looks like HERE , now, let me finally share with you the elements of that DREAM today!


1) Maximize the space


SOURCE

We have a relatively modest-sized walk-in closet and since I (my hubs will be happy that I admitted this) have more stuff, I think going UP is the best way to maximize our Closet Realty.

2) Mirror, Mirror, everywhere.


SOURCE
Maybe not this much, but I think adding mirrors will definitely make any cramped closet feel more open and big! And you can't deny the added glam factor it brings.

3) Display for my ever- growing Bag Collection

SOURCE


I don't have any fabulous Birkin or Kelly to display, but still, I consider what I have "my loves"
 since I am a self-confessed Bag-aholic, I feel that my bags should be given the "honor" and "respect" they deserve - at least in our closet anyway.

4) Like my bags, I wish for a nice shoe storage or display

SOURCE
Maybe not like this, but like bags, I also adore Shoes and I want the see them all stored neatly and nicely!

5) Nice Lighting

SOURCE
I definitely will get some sort of Chandelier in our closet and remove the recesses lighting that we have now!

SOURCE
I want these bookcase lighting or some sort of cabinet lighting for our new closet. I think lighting spells a world of difference between ordinary closets and the really fabulous ones!

6) I want an island with a little seating perhaps or vanity if I can!

SOURCE
Not only does it add additional storage, I can display some of my jewelry on it too!

7)  Better Jewelry storage

SOURCE
Not so big, but I do want it organized. instead of the "Lo-and-Behold" Display I have now. I was thinking of something behind the mirror, and possibly embedded into the wall or in neat drawers.

That's it. Nothing impossible right? My husband says he'll tackle this himself ( with the help of an electrician), and I can't wait to get started!

How about you? Anything you want in your closet that I failed to mention here?

I will share with you the horrendous BEFORE next time, so you'll see what we're up against, and believe me, you'll understand why I'm cringing as I write about it! LOL!

Have a Great Weekend Folks!



VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

11 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous inspiration. I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty inspiration pics! I love the lighted shoe shelves! It's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done some good research. I like #6 overall- seems practical and easy to use. I love handbags too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great inspiration pics, Vel! I already have my "Barbie Dream Closet," that my hubby built for us (me) a couple of years ago. I am in the throes of doing some simple rearranging and purging right now and will probably share photos again. It's on my sidebar if you want to take a look.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I was drooling and scrolling knowing that I would never have any of those lovely storage spaces when I got to number 7!! I have that!! I love it, I say go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the inspiration Vel. Sadly, I have a very small closet, my house was built in the 50's. I'll vicariously live through you. ;) Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing inspiration! A lot better than my clothes pilling on the floor! Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing inspiration Vel! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is going to be fabulous, Vel!! So fun we get to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous inspiration, Vel! Following and taking notes along the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inspirations! All swoon-worthy closets! I have an obsession with bags too. Can't wait to see your bag display!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!