Wednesday, October 18, 2017

ORC Week 3 - Good news, Bad news and Choices on Master Bedroom Re-do

Can't believe we're on the 3rd week  of the  ONE ROOM CHALLENGE already and my, this past weeks have been CRAZEEEE!

First, I had to battle some illness and to top it off, I had to pack up the outdoors stuff and finish my Halloween decorations! Oh, I had to deal with a lot of school activities too! Like I said, CRAZEEE!

Ok, let's talk about my ORC now. First off with some GOOD NEWS...




Goodbye POPCORN CEILING!
Yes, despite my bedroom looking like a Decontamination room from "Outbreak", I am happy to report that the ceiling is now nice and smooth and the white paint is up. I used BEHR Polar Bear white in flat finish, the same white I use in the other bedrooms. I didn't even have to pay for it since I had so much left over and the cream paint was easy to paint over on! Hew!

Now, let me share some really BAD NEWS...

yup
We already knew we had to replace the door and door casing going outside because of some water damage that we let go out of control. But then when our contractor was checking things on the floor, we found that we not only had water damage, we also had some TERMITES! EEEEEEEEEEWWWW!

Still, we are so lucky since the buggers did not eat up our base floor (the termite guys checked it from the basement), ate up only part of the door frame and some of the top floor (the wood floor that you see), but we do have to fix this damage and have our house treated. I called the Termite guys right away and we scheduled the treatment earlier, so that was good. Now we just need to get the floors fixed!

The carpenters are currently working on the molding for the room and ceiling and also building the built-ins off site. But for sure, the floors and this problem is TOP PRIORITY! What's good is a nice bedroom if your going to fall off of it! ;-)

And now, for some CHOICES.

I mentioned that I needed to do a lot of shopping, and I have been browsing on and off line for months (yes, I was obsessed with fixing up our bedroom without my hubby's knowledge)!


BED OPTIONS
1//2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9/ 10
 It's obvious I want an upholstered headboard. I just think that something soft at the back of my head is something I'd like to try, since we always had a hard headboard. Also, I like how relaxing it looks.
As you can see, I had so many choices to think about. My husband has to have a say on this too (well, at least he thinks he does ;-)) I did order the bed already, can you guess which one?  ;-)


BEDSIDE TABLE CHOICES
1/  2/ 3/ 4/  5/  6
For my husband's side of the bed, I wanted a side table that can maximize what's left of the width of the wall, and as you can see I like the Campaign furniture look. The problem is that none of these are wide enough! I need to look for alternatives for my hub's side.

VANITY/ DESK OPTION
1/ 2

Can you spot the difference? Not much really, but the price is just crazy different. #1 is from Hayneedle for $399, #2 is from Potterybarn for $899!

 Since I really wanted a desk/vanity as a bedside table with the campaign look, these were my choices. But practicality won me over and I chose #1.

That's it for now folks! Hope I can share more progress on the room next week! It's definitely CRUNCH TIME!


Have a Great Weekend!

VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hayneedle-we have never been disappointed with items small or large.

    Can't figure out which headboard you chose. I'm sure your vision of the room played a part. Funny, I want a new headboard at the lake, it's wood now. I love the look of black iron for the vibe, but upholstered is more ME. Hmmmm...

    You definitely sound spread thin. Are you still working? You never stop girl!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, sounds like you are getting things fixed just in time. Can't wait to see the progress. All of those beds are amazing and so are the chests. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Vel! So sorry to hear that news about the termites! UGH. At least it's getting taken care of......I love your design plan and can't wait to see it all come together! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t wait to see your bedroom after it’s finished, Vel. I am glad the termites were discovered before they made further damage. Those things are nasty.... Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your choices are always so elegant. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I am glad that you are getting the repairs taken care of, not fun, I know, but necessary. Hopefully, it's smooth sailing from here. Feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vel! I came across your blog while uploading my own ORC link. I'm so sorry to hear about the termites! At least you have a plan to kill those little monsters dead and move on with your room.

    I totally know the secret pleasure of obsessively pre-decorating before the boyfriend is on board. It looks like you had a lot of lovely, lux options to choose from. Can't wait to see how everything comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about the termites but you've made such great progress! I can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing you discovered the termite problem before it really escalated into some serious whole house damage. Those little critters are relentless! I really like the look you are going for in your new furniture and cannot wait to see everything finished!

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!