Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The closest I could get to Jonathan Adler and Michael Graves

You know how much of a die-hard Jonathan Adler fan I am. Actually, I admire all the great designers past, present and future over-all, but JA is one of my faves.

So last week, I finally got a chance to be close to JA... his stuff rather, at JCPenney. I would be ecstatic and tearful if I ever get to meet the man for real! But for now, I am satisfied to be up close and "personal" with his works.

And knowing JA's love for color, will show you what I saw according to that..

THE YELLOWs & GREYs

The acrylic tray is as cute as it is online!

The poufs are pretty cute!

My fave  those sun-burst pillows!

Just look at the details! 


Love the pattern on the bath mat


THE PINKs AND ORANGEs




THE GREENs & BLUEs

Those chevron melamine plates look pretty cool

Gorgeous lamps - got the cute little one on the right

Love that green vase

Love the blue vase too

My most favorite of all - these navy poufs are just gorgeous in person!


I also "bumped into" Michael Graves. Yes, like you, I've "bumped" into him over at TARGET, but somehow, his items didn't shine as much,  since over a TARGET they placed his stuff all over the store, not collectively like here at JCP.



Love that cool steel-brick bread box

Modern Enamel-cast cookware

Space-age small appliances

Decorative stuff

Vases



My fave is the turquoise and brass one

Love the wooden clock/shelf on the right

I also saw this awesome Celine trapeze bag look-alike over at the same store!Would've grabbed it only, I have a favorite trapeze bag already :-)


The original Celine Trapeze on Kate Walsh
$2,300+

Cosmopolitan by JCPenny version ;-)
$50+

There you have it folks, hope these 2 guys are already at your local JCP.

And oh, other than them,  I also "got to meet" JOE FRESH, and I'm totally smitten with this guy too!

Happy Shopping!




7 comments:

  1. wow I didn't know that JC Penny carries all of these items. I never had been to a JC Penny in recent time to tell you honestly. But I love JA's cherokee desighs. In fact I'm looking for an area rug that is very similar to the cherokee pattern with yellow and grey.
    Thanks for sharing these finds.
    Malou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take a trip to Penny's amazing pictues and accessores. I also love the fact that you have the same apple bell, isn't it fun. I have had mine for years, and I am sure you have too Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check back at my local JCP. I was very disappointed when they did not have anything but renovations under way after the launch everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us shopping with you!! I got to actually look at everything in peace rather chasing a 3 year old around. My eye totally went to those blue pouffs as well. Do you recall how much they were? Of course I have no clue where I'd put one at this point, but I'd find a place if the price was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were $99 each Christina. I think totally worth it but still, I know, they'll go on sale eventually and hopefully, I can snag them then!

      Delete
  5. I have been seeing the JA collection all over the place and I must get to JCP and see it in person:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some fabulous shopping! Would love to see a display of JA products like that:)
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!