Tuesday, May 26, 2015

JHS Graduation Party

We had a simple party to celebrate our son's graduation from Junior high.

It was a joint party with one of our close friend's daughter who also graduated from the same school.
I was glad it was or I wouldn't have been able to pull this of. 
I needed to come up with decorations that were easy to set-up and remove since we were to decorate only on the morning of the party and leave by 2pm (it was a lunch party).

So here's what we came up with....


Cake Table without the cake yet...
I came up with black and gold color scheme since there was really no standard school colors. Uniforms were red, blue, white and yellow.

I displayed pictures of my son in different ages using gold frames that I already had
Also displayed a framed class picture that stated what his classmates thought of him!

Cake and Gift Table

Simple Photo Cake

Simple Table centerpiece
Basically the table was set up with a balloon centerpiece we made, some gold Christmas balls and metallic gold and silver piggy banks that were the give-aways.


Closer look
We used 30" balloons, spray-painted clearance Easter tin baskets I scored from Target, spray-painted PVC pipe, ribbons and styrofoam to mount the whole thing.


Finished room






It was a very fun day but most importantly we were able to celebrate this young man's achievements...

CONGRATULATIONS SON!

Hope you have a Great Week!

VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...


Linking back to...

Our Home away from homeFrom My Front Porch to Yours

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! The centerpieces look great and I love all the framed prints of him. Congrats again to Nio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so impressed with your centerpieces...super creative DIY!! High school, here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son, Vel! Such an exciting time for him. You always do such a wonderful job decorating for parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son! I love how chic the black and gold theme was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute idea with the balloons! looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful celebration you created for your son, Vel! I really like the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Nio! Fabulous celebration,....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Nio! And, you my dear, are the hostess with the mostess - beautiful decorations! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!