Wednesday, May 18, 2016

ORC Inspirations & lessons learned - Bedrooms & Bathrooms


I am proud to say, I looked at all 227 reveals from the One Room Challenge Guest Link up Party!

Inspirational and exhilarating would be the two words to describe it, since there are so many beautiful spaces DONE (Thanks to you Linda) and narrowing them down to my faves was sooo difficult!

So I decided to divide them into rooms for your viewing pleasure so that way you don't have to look at all 227, some of which were not done yet and did not meet the 6 week deadline. You my friends, are lucky, I did the work FOR YOU! LOL!

So let's start with my favorite Bedrooms and Bathrooms. I will have a separate post for "Kitchens & Other rooms", "Kids Bedrooms", "Living and Dining".


Polished Habitat
Melissa's awesome wall treatment totally made this bedroom stand-out for me. Aside from the lovely details she added, a statement wall behind the bed , which is always a great idea.

Christine  Dovey
What can I say, this room belongs in Elle Decor no doubt.  Sexy, glamorous and very stylish. Every grown-up lady would love a zhushed up room like this. Christine made her subdued color palette stand out with patterns and texture, something I need to work on in my rooms for sure.

Design Indulgence
One of the designers for HOUSE BEAUTIFUL's kitchen of the year, Sherry shows us why she is among the upcoming designers to watch out for. With a limited budget, but a keen eye, she has made this room feel perfect - the wall updates, and all the design element (including the hat she threw in there the last minute), can make or break a space, and here, you know she truly has MADE IT. You should see  what she did with this room's small nook too!

Pretty Practical Home
Sharon's guest room feels like she spent thousands of dollars and hours on it, but in reality, she just has excellent tastes! The audubon gallery wall is virtually FREE and the tray table was built by her hesistant-carpenter-husband. Sharon brings great style to all her rooms without breaking the bank .


Dimples & Tangles
Your home reflects how you feel about life, and Jennifer, who exudes happiness in everything she does!  And for the ORC, she shows it more so in her Powder room! The painted buffalo checks and the molding make for a perfect combination in this tiny space that packs a lot of gorgeous details! A must-see!

Wife in Progress
I think this is the year for shiplap walls, and this pretty powder room makeover by Jenna combined with the gorgeous floor tiles and clean lined vanity is just perfect! This room epitomizes the phrase "simplicity is beauty"!



Jana Donohoe
Jana did both her bedroom and bathroom at the same time, and the result, a great transition and combination in both rooms! She clearly showed us that doing two adjacent rooms at once makes perfect sense!

Making It in the Mountains

I love how Kristi and her husband built this gorgeous vanity in this farmhouse bathroom makeover! Just goes to show that teamwork makes all the difference for an awesome space!

The Impatient Gardener
Last, but certainly not the least, Erin just totally wowed me with her bathroom makeover! The gorgeous mirror, the  patterned roman shades and the patterned tiles just make a perfect combination. She showed flawlessly how color and pattern can make a room!

There you have it, my 'short' list of favorite Bedrooms and bathrooms from the ORC Link Party!
Hope you can join me next time when I share my favorite Kids & Teens Spaces!!!!



Hope you have a Great Weekend!


VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

11 comments:

  1. This is a great list, Vel, some of my favorites too! So smart of you to split your favorites into different categories, it was way too hard to highlight a few out of that huge list! Thanks for including our bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Vel! I still haven't managed to get through all the participants so this definitely make it easier! Thanks so much for sharing my powder room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great List Vel! Some really great results from this ORC. You listed some of my favorites as well! Thank you for including and sharing my bathroom in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including my bathroom, Vel. I'm honored to be included with such great rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sorting them. Great design, love every one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I really do wish I'd finished up that bit of trim in the bathroom. Some of these projects were my favourites too. Congrats to you for getting through all of the link-ups! Thanks for leaving your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for including my guest bedroom in your beds and bath favorites, Vel! There were so many wonderful rooms to look at this year--Linda must be thrilled with the growth of the guest participants. Cheers to another ORC and looking forward to the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ideas are wonderful. I need to fix my bedroom and master bathroom, I haven't thought much how, cause I hate the mess. You're inspiring me dear Vel with so much great design projects.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much talent! I love that bathroom with the hand painted buffalo checks! That makes me happy looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Vel! I appreciate the feature and love all the spaces you selected as favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous rooms with us! I love the stylish room designed by Christine and the powder room with the painted buffalo checks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!