Monday, May 2, 2016

Organizing Bags & Jewelry - Design Details Master Closet Part 3

Welcome to the last of the Design Details of our Master Closet!

If you've missed the other Details, LINKS can be found at the end of this post.

Today, I will be talking about organizing something near and dear to my heart - BAGS ( and jewelry)!



You already know that I am self-confessed Bag-aholic.

 I love bags, be it branded or not, I buy and collect bags for their form and function. Although majority of my bags are what one might consider "High-end", my bag collection encompasses not only those, but a lot of really beautiful (to me at least) but not-so-costly bags as well. And today, I will share with you how I organized such a collection,

Of course, a display is in order
TIP #1: Display your favorite bags 

As you can see from above, I displayed my favorite ones and the ones sturdy enough to stand. I like enjoying my bags even if I don't get to use all of them a lot. And plus, they look nice even if their not carried - to me at least. ;-)

The glass shelves and lighting made them look even better

Of course, I have to tell you,  I do put them inside their INDIVIDUAL DUST BAGS & do use old pillows to get them to prop up on a regular basis since I still need to figure out how to add glass doors to the cabinet itself.

TIP #2: Store in nice boxes


I added these wonderful pull out shelves in my bag cabinet, for my small collection of clutches and wallets. Inside the Hermes box I placed my silk scarves and the small wallets inside the Chanel box.


For my very special Hermes bags, I have kept them in their pretty orange boxes and placed both in their individual pull out shelves.


Other big bulky bags are inside boxes on the top of my cabinets.

TIP #3: Categorize

I  categorized my bags inside the drawers. I don't put them inside dust bags here, I just put one big dust bag  that covers the top of all the bags .

Inside my 3 lower drawers

Now let's look at how I organized my jewelry!

TIP #4: Hang what you can

 Pull-out hooks work well

I hung my necklaces (Take note, not my bags, since it wears out the handles) according to lengths.
The shorter ones ended up in the pull-out in my bag cabinet, and the long ones on a Brass Floral Wall Art I re-purposed for such. It's always nice to hang things beautifully. You can check out my suggestions on Jewelry storage HERE.

You also know that my small vanity inside the closet is also just for storing jewelry...

This Vanity which I got from IKEA HERE
Has a small mirror which is perfect for getting ready
TIP #5  Compartmentalize



As you can see I placed my small earrings in individual acrylic containers so I can see and store them easily. The round ones are from the craft department of the Dollar Store and and square ones are from Crate & Barrel I bought years ago.This also makes it easy to choose and bring my earrings when I travel.


And like the bags,  DISPLAY what you can. We have a tendency to forget things we have if we don't see them, so I always opt to display them. The mantra "out of sight, out of mind" is all to perfect for both bags and jewelry.


So that is my 2 cents worth of ideas when it comes to this topic. I still have one more thing to share about the Master Closet, and it's not at all pretty. Will share it next time.

Hope you have a Great week!

Related LINKS about the Master Closet



VEL

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...


As Featured in....


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


Linking back to...Coastal CharmAmaze Me MondayInspire Me MondayTuesdays at our HomeTweak It TuesdayInspire Me TuesdayInspiration Board Creative PartyMake It Pretty MondayBrag About It Link PartyThoughts of Home on ThursdayThursday Favorite ThingsShare your cupA Little Bird Told Me Link PartyThe Pin Junkie

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous...and I agree, out of sight is out of mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vel! What a closet and what beautiful things you have. You've done an outstanding job organizing everything. You're so fortunate to have such a wonderful space too! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag collection blows me away!!! I'm so terrible about changing out my bags that I rarely add to my collection. My husband bought me a Speedy 3 years ago and I haven't bought a new bag since--I think he'd kill me, haha!! Wish I had some Hermes boxes for the guest room--it's so hard to find that shade of orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! You should check these boxes out...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OYSLWG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=18WIS2Y515GQZ&coliid=I3QMZ5AWI19SDJ

      Delete
  4. Vel you have such beautiful things. I love taking a peek into your closet, it's dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing idea! I know what I need this summer. Hubby will be so busy. Need some blue prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO organized!! Orange Hermes boxes always make me happy!! Have a terrific week, Vel!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful collection. I don't feel girly enough after reading your post. I have one purse and most of my jewelry is borrowed from my daughter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vel, you are so organized and your beautiful bags make a lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your closet is great, Vel! I love some of your ideas for storing handbags and jewelry; and you are spot on about "out of sight, out of mind." Purging my jewelry is on my "TO DO" this week. Good to see how nicely you display and take care of your beautiful handbag collection!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such good information! My closet is not exactly like yours but could stand to improve a lot.

    Happy, happy Thoughts of Home. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have an amazing collection of bags and purses. I love bags and purses too. We have so much in common besides decorating. :) I really love the way you organized everything! Wishing you a fabulous Mother's Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great organization ideas! I use a lot of fabric baskets to organize my bags. But I like having a couple on display. They are pretty enough that I love seeing them. I don't have nearly as many as you and really don't buy high end so I donate them to thrift quite often. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vel, this is a great post. You have an impressive collection! I chose this as one of my featured faves from last week's Thursday Favorite Things. I will be featuring you this week on my Thursday post!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so organized!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!