Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My 1st home purchase from EBAY

I don't know about you, but for me, EBAY has been one of the best bargain sites around.

I mean, I have bought a lot cutsie stuff from EBAY at super cheap prices. 

Yup, got me one of these

I usually go here to satisfy my "shopping crave" and usually end up buying these cheap thrills that cost me very little.

Got this too!
But as you notice I've only bought small personal items on EBAY.
And that's because most of these super cheap stuff comes from CHINA.

And it's not that the Chinese sellers are unreliable BUT, let's face it, any item that needs OVERSEAS SHIPPING, kinda makes you doubt on wether you'll end up getting your item or not.

source

For one thing, tracking, though usually provided,  is not the same type of tracking we have here. And for less than 2 bucks, would you really bother to complain to the authorities about an item you didn't get?!

So one day, while trying to satisfy again my "shopping itch" (yes, it evolves, from a crave to an itch if you don't satisfy it ;-)), I saw these….



It was perfect for my Indigo Winter Living room. Though I wasn't sure of the quality, heck, for the price, I was willing to risk it. So I ordered these on the 12th of January. And by some unforeseen 'miracle' it arrived early on the 25th of January!
It was fast considering the items above took about 3-4 weeks before I got them! 


Here they are now!

Pretty!

They are no means a substitute for what I really wanted for my living room, which would be pillows covered inSchumacher's Chiang Mai Chinese Blue Dragon Fabric, which you can order HERE. 

$100 from STUDIO TULLIA on ETSY


BUT, I really love how they look and how well it goes with my Indigo Winter Living Room!
And so until I have the budget for the expensive version, I'm pretty happy with my $8 throw pillows for now!


How about you? What's the bravest thing you've bought on EBAY for yourself or for you home? Have you tried buying from overseas sellers? Please do share your experiences!


Happy Shopping!


*VEL* 


 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Featured in...



Linking back to...

Anything Blue Friday

19 comments:

  1. I think you got a terrific bargain, Vel and a good stand in for your dream pillow. I have purchased three or four things over the years from Ebay, all from the states though. My fave was a Tonka pick up truck that I used in my Christmas decor. I did just make my first Wayfair buy and it is scheduled for delivery today....at a fraction of what it would cost had I bought the same exact one at Ballards! It will be on my blog soon. Love your pillow! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise, surprise, I'm a Chiang Mai fanatic too. And I also do not own any. Have you seen the Dwell Studio Ming Dragon fabric? I purchased the aqua color way and it is a pretty good color copy of my fav fabric and I will say the weight / hand of the linen fabric is fabulous ... I held the Dwell fabric in one hand and Chiang Mai in the other and they are the same weight and material quality. The Dwell Studio fabric also comes in a dark navy color way called Admiral ... it does have a few pops of other colors, isn't all shades of blue like Chiang Mai. Just wanted to mention it as I know you're continuing to debate the real stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've forgottwn how much fun (and cheap) it is to shop on ebay!! I must do it again soon!
    Your pillow covers look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pillows - they are perfect in your living room! I have ordered a couple of things from overseas sellers on eBay. The inexpensive toy for my grandson was no problem. The expensive matching chop plate that I ordered for my Villeroy and Boch china was a little more stressful, but I did finally receive it. I recently placed an Etsy order for a necklace that my granddaughter wanted from Australia. It came so quickly that I shocked! I am with you, though, except for the chop plate, I usually try to order less expensive items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pillows, I really love the pattern. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to know you had success buying from an overseas seller...I've always been really afraid. My bravest (or most foolish :) eBay purchases have probably been glassware. Once in a while I find such a bargain on vintage glassware that I can't resist, but eBay sellers seem to be really hit-or-miss in terms of packaging. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of receiving a glass item that isn't shattered to bits. One seller once sent me a glass pitcher wrapped in one layer of paper towel and rolling around loosely in a box. By some miracle, it actually survived! Anyway, those pillows are super fab. If I had Chiang mai pillows I'd be too afraid to use them, so I like yours much better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they look really pretty in your living room, Vel! I bought a few things on ebay. The Barbie I bought had a loose and wobbly head. So I called Mattel and they sent me a credit for another Barbie. That was so nice! I also bought a Storybook doll and she is great. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new pillows look great, Vel! I love a good deal like that. :) I don't order things from overseas too often, but my son orders Formula 1 racing stuff pretty regularly. Most of it comes from Britain and he's had really good luck with his purchases. They do take a long time to arrive though, and the tracking is not great like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great prices on your pretty pillows, Vel! I bought the tiles for my kitchen backsplash there and my husband is the one who looks there for electronics. All in all we've had good experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great buy!! They look fantastic in your living room!! Isn't ebay fun?!

    Hope you are staying warm and having a lovely day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pillows and the colour is perfect in your living-room. I've never bought anything from ebay. I'm always tempted, but I'm always afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  12. $8?? That's crazy awesome! I haven't bought anything from ebay in years so never would have thought to look for pillow covers there. They look great on your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great, and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the best at finding deals, what a fun new addition to your beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I LOVE your pillows!!! I'm completely obsessed with eBay!! Such fabulous bargains and one-of-a-kind treasures... The bravest purchase I made via eBay was my handpainted Chinoiserie silk wall panels direct from China, featured in my ORC. It was definitely a leap of faith, but sooooo worth it!!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love them! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2014/02/anything-blue-friday-week-48.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do love them! I need some blue pillows for my blue living room. I've been hunting for pillows for awhile. I found you via Blue Friday, The Dedicated House

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!