Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Favorite Chairs

When I was contacted  by ONE KINGS LANE to write a post about a statement chair in my home, it was a bit difficult to choose!

That's because, I've realized (luckily) early on,  that I should put only the things I truly love and want in my home (thank you Nate Berkus for this advise)!

And so,  I came up with these two…


and this…




Yes, the two patterned modern wing chairs in my living room are my favorite for the very simple fact that I chose every bit of details on these pair. From the fabric, type of wood, nail heads and of course style, these custom-made chairs were a dream for me.






And as you can see, it goes with the changes I make in my home each season too!

Now the second one is a favorite because of sentimental reasons.
It was the chair given by my mom for our first home!


Though it can seem 'generic', I love it's clean swooping arms and it's velvety-suede fabric and definitely, will be a keeper in my home for years to come! And also, it's design is aptly named "AIDAN" just like you know who?!

And speaking of chairs, ONE KINGS LANE HOME DECOR RESOURCE site is definitely a fun and truly informative source for us bloggers if we want to know about home decor styles and items!

I truly enjoyed browsing thru the different info on chairs and their interactive map on the
HISTORY OF CHAIRS, pretty interesting!

OKL HOME RESOURCE

I definitely will be coming back to this site and reading more.

By the way, thank  you for all your comments on my wall! I truly appreciate your help on it and will hopefully make up my mind soon!!!!THANKS!

That was fun, Hope You all have a Wonderful Weekend!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

23 comments:

  1. Love your chairs and the fabric! Great choices te customization! Love OKL too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great resource!! I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great resource, I'll have to check that out! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see why you picked the pair as your favorite chair...they are perfect in your room! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chairs in pairs! I think they make the room feel more elegant and yours are so elegant and fun at the same time! I also love the one your mom gave you! Looks cozy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny that you would be talking about chairs today because I just read an interesting article about the Eames chair! Your chairs are fantastic and I love that you chose every detail about them. They look great in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved those chairs since I saw them in your home -- perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those chairs, they are just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those chairs too! They contacted me too but I haven't written the post...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always thought Carrie should have ended up with Aidan... Glad you did! I can see why these are your favorite piece, plus they are custom and sentimental?! A triple threat! Congrats on OKL, too! Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vel, I love your patterned chairs and how you change up that room for the seasons. They have personality and yet their color is neutral enough to bring in all sorts of color schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are perfect and I love how versatile they clearly are with your changing decor each season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the two chairs, and I love the story behind the chair from your mom! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those two chairs are outstanding! You did a wonderful job choosing all the elements of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great chairs and I love how you change out the pillows! Thanks for sharing the OKL resource!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's no wonder they are urn favorites, Vel. They are all so pretty and goes perfectly in your living room....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vel. Oh, those are gorgeous chairs. Your home is so beautiful! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey sweet Vel, those chairs are for sure lovable, specially caz you had them custom made just for you! Your home is so wonderful, I love your living room! Thanks for coming dear.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those chairs are beautiful and stylish, it's easy to see why you picked them as your favorite chairs! I like how you change the look of your chairs every now and then with different pillows for a fresh new look. Well done, Vel!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great chairs! While they are a "statement" they look great with all of your seasonal changes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see why they're your favorite, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful chairs, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Different ranges have make it easy to have ones own choice.Bedroom Furniture Online

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!