Thursday, May 23, 2013

Organizing your Screws


I tried helping my husband organize some of his stuff in the garage 2 weeks ago and I told him I'll tackle the 'most difficult one'. And so, he gave me these 3 boxes of SCREWS!!!1

ALL 3 filled with nails, bolts, and screws galore

This was how he tried to organized it before - not very effective since he would
always have to open each drawer up to see whats inside for the particular
screw he needed! And when your trying to find  the right one, it could take you a long while!


After hours of grouping, eliminating (yes, I found a bunch of non-screw stuff from old magnets to gauze!). I came up with this...

much better I think...

You know exactly what's inside!

I hot-glued the type of screw on the outside so that he can easily see what's inside!
He thought it was genius and I ended up with one extra container after all the organizing!
Hopefully, this will stay the way it is for now and always!


6 comments:

  1. OMG that is a fantastic idea! Love your organizing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea. I am in need of the same type of organization. I will have to do this, it would truly be a time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Sometimes it takes a women to organize the "man" spaces in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! Well done. I never would have thought to put one of each on the outside... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fabulous idea, Vel! I just don't think it's going to work with my husband, he always messes up everything! I've used labels, pictures, color coding but nope! He puts everything everywhere! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea of showing the screws/nails on the drawers. Clever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!