Monday, May 27, 2013

Re-Designing the Kitchen Office

Ok, almost ready to show you the final kitchen plan!
But before that let's look at the last section of the kitchen - the office.


Here is what the office looks now...

And here are my inspirations ...

 I like the white of course and the smaller drawers as well as having the main 'office part' in the middle.
This is similar to the first photo but take note that the cabinet goes all the way up the ceiling 
which I like too.

source

I like this because I want a display shelf similar to this for the middle cabinet.

source

This one shows the over-all feel I want for that area.
And here are the design rendering by Heather Lapham from E.A. Knight Construction.
This first design looks ok, however, we have a 27" MAC and I think the space above it might be too close to the monitor. Also I wanted the table counter height. That way, I could watch a movie or video while cooking and also supervise my son as he does his online therapies.

I also wanted a cabinet on the right for the printer instead of drawers.
After some tweaking, here is what  the final cabinet/area will look like...


The shelves in the middle will be all glass and lit up from above.
Notice too all the drawers and the printer cabinet on the right.

I know I'm a bit O-C on every little detail and Heather thankfully, is very patient with me and my continuous changes and requests.
I just want to make sure I do it right for us.
We're almost done with the design process!
If you want to see the Plans for the Kitchen Island, Click here, and for the Plans for the Pantry Cabinet, click here. And if you want to see what the entire Kitchen looks like now, CLICK HERE.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away... 



10 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it. I think it is going to be absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to see it all done. Great design. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo exciting! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fantastic! Would love it if you came by One More Time and share it http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/05/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_26.html
    Hope you can make it... if not this week I host every Sunday...Hope you can make it some time.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspiration pictures are gorgeous! I think your final design is going to look as beautiful as any one of the inspirational pics! It's fun following through all this process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration pics! You're making me want to redo my desk area! I do have off white cabinets with glass doors though, so maybe I just need an accessory update! Can't wait to see your final plan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Vel, these inspiration photos are wonderful ... but your plan is going to be very cool and suit you perfectly!! Can't wait to see it come to life!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be wonderful, Vel! I cannot wait to see your entire finished kitchen -- bet you can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would so love a big efficient kitchen office like that!! I especially love your top inspiration photo. You are so fortunate to have so much space in your kitchen for that Vel - it is going to look awesome!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Modern Kitchen Designs

    Good concept with good information. Sometime people are remodeling their home. Its really appear good and attractive. Its also necessary for us to remodeling the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool redesign! Never thought about how handy it would be to have a set up like that in our kitchen. It looks really lovely. We have been looking at some single wall ovens for our kitchen but I think after that I will think about fitting in a little office space

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!