Thursday, May 2, 2013

The things I did for the Craft Room

Ok,  a little ' Kitchen Break'.
 I want to share with you the nitty gritty of things in my CRAFT ROOM. You may be wondering HOW I ever came to this...



From this....


Aside from the painting (which I will share at a later post), organizing a small space full of stuff can be daunting. So I did what  a lot of professional organizers advice - PURGE, PURGE, PURGE.

I also have a ton of magazines that are now placed  on a bookshelf inside a closet across the room





Organized them by Dates..




I also made these, actually, covered these...

Bought this for 10 cents a piece


Stitch, though cute, does not really 'fit' in this space.

I also covered this with fabric...


Regular Joe Cork board from TARGET

A Much Better Inspiration board!


Added a lot of storage here...




All from IKEA when I went shopping there last March with Charmaine.

I also bought 2 of these Dwell Studio bins on clearance months ago for my grift wraps. One for birthdays and other occasions, the other, just for Christmas.




I also learned that organizing a space isn't much fun if you don't have the  pretty stuff that you want to put up  and show off too!

Hence I added these...

My catalog Cover wall art

Cute quotes from Oprah Magazine

Residency pics, A thrift store little girl art and a favorite cabinet from a Catalog!

My 2 boys - The other frame made by my son when he was still in 2nd grade :-) + Dollar puzzle from TARGET

Dollar tree gold frames with fave pics from Catalogs and a FUN picture of my family
My Cute Lamp and Elephant from Jonathan Adler :-)

I got rid of things I hardly used, tossed them into a donation box or trash.
Actually, I did not end up throwing out a lot since once I organized everything, I eventually found a place for more things!

Any tips you got up your sleeves when it comes to organizing?

Have a Great Weekend!

Featured in...

Our Home Away from Home
BeBetsy, Smashingly good living

Linking up to...

Link Party #1 - Fidler Under one Roof
Feathered Nest Friday - French Country Cottage
Weekend Bloggy Link Party - Serenity Now
Serenity Saturday - Serenity you
Show & Tell - Be Different Act Normal

Make It Pretty Monday #48 -The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Tuesday 163 - A Stroll thru life
Tuesdays at our home - Our home away from home
Terrific Teusdays 62 - Adventures of a DIY mom
Share it Link party 61 - The Winthrop Chronicles
Tasteful Tuesdays 57 - Nap time Creations
Brag About it Tuesday 3- VMG 206

Wow Me Wednesday - Gingersnap Crafts
Wow Us Wednesday 117 - Savvy Southern Style
Made by Me 79 - Jaqs Studio
Create & Share - The Trendy Treehouse

Amaze Me Monday #5 - Dwellings the Heart of your Home
Transformation Thursday 203 - The Shabby Creek Cottage

18 comments:

  1. Your craft space is seriously amazing! I love the idea of having a place for everything. It definitely keeps stuff more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your craft space is Awesome! IF only I could have a whole room for crafts. Right now I have just a closet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must feel really good to have this kind of organization! I need to find a central place, right now my crafts are all around the house... basement, family room... you name it, so time consuming when doing something!
    Have a great weekend, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your magazine organization among a million other goodies in that space! Have a great weekend Vel,
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed, Vel. It is very neat, nice and organized....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my word, this space is absolutely fabulous. I love it. I just need a small closet, but first I have to find one. lol You did a wonderful job and your craft space is gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' your crafty space! My space is sooooo disorganized. I'm pinning yours for inspiration :)

    I just found you through Serenity Saturday and have followed you via GFC and G+. Hope you'll stop by and say hello :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, cute and full of mom memories, I don't know how you have time :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little nook! I am jealous! I wish I had a little corner of my house that I could use for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an excellent job! It's clean, organized, colorful and inspirational! You must love going in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this space is amazing. Thanks tons for linking up. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. so neat! I love everything that you have done with your space... Im jealous of all the space you do have... its so pretty :o) Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Vel, I think your craft room is just so bright and cheerful -- great place to be inspired to create!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this! Great organization strategies, it makes a huge difference. Love the inspirational photos/magazine pages. :-)

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great craft room! I need to get mine cleaned up so I can paint it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have things stored everywhere because I don't have an area like this to put it all. LOVE your craft room and storage ideas! Hopefully one day! ;)
    So happy to have you share at AMAZE ME MONDAY...thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there,

    Your post was featured this week on BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday party hop. Congratulations! Look for the latest BRAG ABOUT IT at http://bebetsy.com Grab a featured button too http://bebetsy.com/bb-bash/grab-a-button/.

    Thanks for sharing with BeBetsy and we hope to see you tomorrow at BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday!

    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing...my art room looks like your before picture. (want to come organize my space? :) ) I am following you and pinning this for future use! Found you at BeBesty Brag About It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!